This game is rated PEGI 18
Our review includes potentially triggering words:
Extreme Violence, Horror, Stabbed and Trauma.
Ignore All Content Warnings
Posted: 19 months ago, last updated 8 weeks ago.
Unlike other space alien games that throw masses of enemies at you, Alien Isolation creates constant tension through being hunted by a single intelligent alien. You have to scavenge for resources, hack systems and craft items but all the time watch your back for the creature closing in. Do well and you gain the items you need to progress. But still it's your choice whether to avoid, distract or fight the persistent Alien.
The strong narrative and dark atmosphere of Sevastopol creates an unnerving environment where the alien could be around any corner. The base slowly tells its story as you discover the remains and discard lives that went before. Each room has a past life with furniture, beds, tape recordings and even broken cups making clear that something went very wrong here.
Rated for younger players in Australia. Rated Mature Accompanied (MA 15+) for Strong Violence.
In the US, ESRB state: From a first-person perspective, players explore the station's rooms and corridors and use shotguns, pistols, bombs, and flamethrowers to kill alien creatures; androids can be dispatched by being shot, set on fire, or blown up. When Ripley is spotted by an alien, a short cutscene depicts her getting knocked down and bitten in the face, or stabbed through the chest with a spike. Blood is depicted when players are impaled; several corpses can be seen lying in pools of blood during the course of the game. The words “f**k,” and “sh*t” appear in the dialogue.
Account RatingYou don’t need a platform subscription to play this game online.
|SALE||Xbox One||£29.99||£17.99 at the moment||–|
|Xbox One||£34.99||–||Free |
Xbox Game Pass
|SALE||PS4||£29.99||£18.32 at the moment||–|
|SALE||Switch||£29.99||£14.99 at the moment||–|
Xbox Game Pass
Alien: Isolation: The Collection
You don’t need a platform subscription to play this game online.
Additional content (the Nintendo Switch, iOS and Android games includes all additional content) :
- Season Pass - Includes new maps and challenges to take on the Survivor Mode, as well as 25% off the 5 add-ons listed below.
- The Trigger - Play as Ricardo - learn about explosives and get three new Survivor-Mode maps.
- Lost Contact - Play the Salvage Mode map, with the Lorenz Private Wards and the Emergency Power Plant, play as Axel and equip yourself with the Revolver and Bolt gun.
- Safe Haven - Salvage mode - Venture out of the safe room, complete objectives and return safely. Play as Hughes, and get faster access to the Bolt Gun, Shotgun and EMP Mine. Can explore the Gemini Systems and the Bacchus Apartments.
- Last Survivor - The rest of the crew are dead, you must set the ship’s self-destruct and attempt to reach the escape shuttle in time to survive.
- Crew Expandable - With the original crew reunited, it's down to you as Dallas, Parker or Ellen Ripley, to find a way to isolate the Alien and overcome the terror that confronts them with.
- Corporate Lockdown - three new maps: for Survivor Mode and a time-based challenge to test your skills.
- Trauma - three new maps for Survivor Mode, a time-based challenge to test your skills.
On iOS and Android, the game is tailored for touchscreen play using a customisable interface. Alien: Isolation offers fining for the game controls and the option to use gamepads.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games. These are similar to Alien: Isolation in how they play or their theme. These are good alternative games to Alien: Isolation, or are a younger rated alternative for players not ready for PEGI 18 or ESRB MATURE 17+ games.