This game is rated PEGI 3
Our review includes potentially triggering words:
Ignore All Content Warnings
Posted: 2 years ago, last updated 2 weeks ago.
There are over 30 arenas that include unique tools and traps, as well as moving platforms and foliage to hide in. The game also allows players to tweak settings to tailor battles for their family. For example: friendly fire, shields and chosen power-ups, adding a level of freedom when battling.
You can also switch on and off which power ups you have enables, some of which can completely change the game:
- Move Faster: Increased speed.
- Dash Through Walls: Move through obstacles for a short period.
- Teleport: Warp yourself out of trouble.
- Explosive boomerang: Your attack explodes after a countdown.
- Multi Boomerang: Throw many attacks at once.
- Fire Boomerang: Catches items on fire and does more damage.
- Ice Boomerang: Freezes opponents.
- Disguise: Can transform into one of the objects in the level.
- Shield: Can't be killed for a short period.
- Battle Royale:
- Telekinesis: Move objects in the level to attack.
It sounds simple but because the game uses real physics you can curve your shots and even attack opponents with a clever back swing. It's frantic but highly skilful.
You can play this game in the following styles:
9+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. You need to be able to deal with the pressure of other players attacking you. There's quite a skill to throwing and catching the boomerang and using the environment to your advantage before your opponents kill you.
You can adjust the difficulty by altering the teams and controlling how many (and how hard) computer opponents there are. You can also alter individual settings (power-ups, shields, friendly fire) to suit your tastes! You can turn off holding a button to retrieve your boomerang (so no one can retrieve it in this way). The throw button is also mapped to both left and right triggers.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games. These are similar to Boomerang Fu in how they play or their theme. These are good alternative games to Boomerang Fu.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to Boomerang Fu..