Posted: 14 months ago, last updated 7 months ago.
Bubble Bobble is one of Taito's biggest arcade successes and inspired the creation of many spin-off games. In addition to the Bubble Symphony and Bubble Memories arcade follow-ups, and a range of Evolution and Remakes, this includes:
- Bubble Bobble (1986)
- Rainbow Islands: The Story of Bubble Bobble 2 (1987)
- Parasol Stars (1991) TurboGrafx-16, NES, Amiga, Atari ST, and Game Boy.
- Bubble Bobble Plus! (2009) Wii and Xbox 360
- Bubble Bobble 4 Friends (2019) Remake on Nintendo Switch including original game.
- Bubble Bobble (Arcade Archives) (2016) on Switch, PlayStation 4
For families the Bubble Bobble games offer a combination of fun running, jumping and popping action. But the combination of hidden air currents that direct the bubbles and the plethora of mysterious collectables the game offers surprising strategy and longevity.
You can play this game in the following styles:
We haven't documented accessibility features for this game yet. Our Bubble Bobble Accessibility Report details system-wide settings that may help, and suggests similar games with accessibility features. Tweet the developer (@Taito) to let them know about our Accessibility Questionnaire.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games. These are similar to Bubble Bobble in how they play or their theme. These are good alternative games to Bubble Bobble.