Franchises collect together games from long running game franchises. If you like one game in the franchise it's worth checking the others out as they will offer a similar experience. Or, if you can't afford the latest game in a franchise, or it's not on a system you own, the previous games in a franchise can offer a good alternative.
Franchises are one way we highlight how games are made available:
- Franchises: Categorise games that are part of a long running franchise, like Super Mario or Pikmin.
- Collections: Categorise games that are published on a particular platform, like Roblox or Dreams.
- Subscriptions: Categorise games that are available with a monthly subscription service.
We use two terms to help you find the sorts of interactions that are the best fit for your family:
- Genres categorise the different interactions games offer to drive engagement.
- Style of Play categorises the way people can approach a game's interaction on their own or with other people.
The larger franchises of games have their own page on the database that links together everything we know about the franchise to date: