This game is rated PEGI 3
Our review includes potentially triggering words:
Kidnap and Kidnapped.
Ignore All Content Warnings
Posted: 4 months ago, last updated 6 weeks ago.
Play generally involves jumping from platform to platform collecting honeycombs, musical notes, feathers, jigsaw pieces and others. Some of the pieces you require are hidden within simple puzzles such as activating buttons in sequence or breaking open hidden areas. You can swap between Banjo and Kazooie, as each have different skills that you will need to complete the levels, such as crate busting or flying.
In the first game, Banjo's sister Tooty has been kidnapped by Grunthilda the witch. Save Tooty and other kidnap victims by climbing up mountains to the witch's lair.
The game was originally only launched for Nintendo64 but has since appeared on other platforms. You can play the game for free with Nintendo Switch Online. The series includes:
- Banjo-Kazooie (1998) N64, Xbox360, Nintendo Switch
- Banjo-Tooie (2000) N64, Xbox360
- Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts (2008) Xbox360
- Rare Replay (a compilation of Rare games includes all 3 of the games listed above) (2015) Xbox One
- Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge (2003) Gameboy Advance
- Banjo-Pilot (2005) A kart racing game Gameboy Advance
Considered classics of their time, they offer a fun fairy tale collecting adventure with quirky characters and a large 3D world to explore.
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games. These are similar to Banjo-Kazooie in how they play or their theme. These are good alternative games to Banjo-Kazooie.