This game is rated PEGI 3
Our review includes potentially triggering words:
Ignore All Content Warnings
Posted: 2 years ago, last updated 13 months ago.
The king of Hyrule has been forced into slumber by a villainous threat that’s determined to spread a cacophony of enchanted music across the land. You explore the randomly generated over-world and dungeons to find the king. Navigate the mystifying Lost Woods, wander the streets of Kakariko Village, and visit many memorable locales from The Legend of Zelda series. You might even see a familiar face or two on your travels!
Both you and the enemies move in time with the music. This not only gives the action a turn-based feel but keeps the excitement going as you have a limited time for each turn: just a couple of beats. Time your movements to the music and on-screen beat bar to strategically outstep Octoroks, Lizalfos and even Lynels in rhythmic combat. Then enter each dungeon and you’ll find an ever-changing gauntlet of items, challenges and, at the end of each one, a powerful boss monster.
You can play this game in the following styles:
Cadence Of Hyrule: Crypt Of The Necrodancer Featuring The Legend Of Zelda
- Octavo's Ode: a new storyline starring the game's villain, Octavo. Attack enemies using his Golden Lute and uncover Octavo's true intentions for taking over Hyrule.
- Dungeon Mode: test your mettle in this challenging new mode where you'll face the toughest foes!
- DLC Pack 1 Character pack adds Impa, Shadow Zelda and others.
- DLC Pack 2 Adds new songs.
- DLC Pack 3 Symphony Of The Mask new adventure as Skull Kid, with new mask based abilities.
This game supports accessibility in the following ways:
- Difficulty: There are a range of difficulties, doubling the speed of the beats and adding permadeath. You can select the Fixed-Beat-Mode to play the game without the rhythm aspect, so enemies only move when you do. This removes the time pressure from the game.
- Reading: There is some reading in the game, both of small but clear text and small icons.
- Controls: You can choose to move with buttons rather than sticks. adjust the controls. You can disable rumble.
- Image calibration: There is a visual representation of the audio beats in the game. You can disable screen shake. You can opt for nearby items to be highlighted, targeted and show help text. You can show names of nearby items. There is a colourblind friendly interface mode.
- Audio calibration: The game provides audio beats to which you play. You can adjust the sound and effects separately.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games. These are similar to Cadence of Hyrule in how they play or their theme. These are good alternative games to Cadence of Hyrule.