This game is rated PEGI 3
Our review includes potentially triggering words:
Ignore All Content Warnings
Posted: 10 weeks ago.
This is like a range of different games children may invent for themselves. There are six different modes all with a chasing and catching theme. Each of the different modes can be customised with all manner of different power ups and rules.
Everything is unlocked from the start so you can get to the fun straight away:
- Chase and Chomp: Like a game of tag where everyone is against everyone.
- Zone Dash: Like the playground game Bulldog where one player needs to get from one end to the other without getting chomped.
- Keep the Thing: Like a game of capture the flag where you need to chomp the lead player and then become the target.
- Mega Moogy: Like a game of tag where one player grows large and chases everyone else.
- Sudden Death: Like a game of the with only one life each.
- Cake of Chomp: Race to chomp the most cakes.
The result is a fun and approachable family game where everyone can join in. It's easy to learn, but hard to master as you wrestle to out manoeuvre the other players.
You can play this game in the following styles:
When you catch and splat another player they turn into a splash of juice on the floor with their eyes and horns sitting on top.
4+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. Younger players need to cope with losing unexpectedly. To do well you need observation and reaction skills.
Chompy Chomp Chomp Party
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
You can purchase more game modes.
- Spooky Party - Adds a level and Ghost mode.
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
If you play against computer players you can select their difficulty level. This makes them slower and easier to catch. It also limits their pathfinding to make it easier to get away.
You can select Helper Arrow to turn on an indicator arrow pointing to the Chompy you are supposed to be chasing. You can also turn on Spawn Invincibility to give players a fews seconds safety when they respawn. In the Wii U version you can hold an additional button to highlight your player.
You can turn off Camera Movement to ease motion sickness. The majority of text is quite large but Tutorial text and in-game score is a bit smaller. All text is of good contrast. Each power up in the game has a distinct audio and visual indicator. If the chasing player gets close to you, your controller vibrates to indicate this.
Diversity and Inclusion
Gender and Sexuality:
Gender Representation: The gender representation of the pre-defined characters you can play in the game.
- Play as Character without stated Gender:: The game’s protagonist’s gender is ambiguous and not stated.
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games. These are similar to Chompy Chomp Chomp Party in how they play or their theme. These are good alternative games to Chompy Chomp Chomp Party.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to Chompy Chomp Chomp Party..