Posted: 20 months ago, last updated 12 weeks ago.
The main attraction here is the multiplayer modes of the game. You join one of two hostile private military factions (Global Risk or Black List) in a variety of game modes. These range from bomb planting and defusing to battles over controlling two objective points in a map. There an unusual mode where attackers are invisible until they move.
There is a single-player portion that was worked on by Remedy (Control, Alan Wake), that needs to be purchased separately. This offers several operations that play out through a series of episodes. The story explores a global conflict between Black List and Global Risk, two private military factions. Both the multiplayer and the single-player games use Remedy's graphics system from Control and Quantum Break so have a familiar appearance.
Two versions of Crossfire are in development:
- Crossfire (PC) - Original Crossfire game.
- Crossfire HD (PC) - Remastered version of the original Crossfire using Unreal Engine 3.
- CrossfireX (Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S) - Next version on console with online and single-player elements. Beta was available on Xbox in 2020, although the release date is not yet confirmed.
You can play this game in the following styles:
14+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. Still, it's important for parents and guardians to consider the maturity required to process the game content.
Crossfirex: Operation Catalyst
Crossfirex: Operation Spectre
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
You need a subscription to play online:
- You need to purchase a Xbox Live Gold subscription to play online with Xbox One.
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
We haven't documented accessibility features for this game yet. Our Crossfire X Accessibility Report details system-wide settings that may help, and suggests similar games with accessibility features. Tweet the developer (@SmilegateB) to let them know about our Accessibility Questionnaire.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games. These are similar to Crossfire X in how they play or their theme. These are good alternative games to Crossfire X, or are a younger rated alternative for players not ready for PEGI 16 or ESRB MATURE 17+ games.