Posted: 2 years ago, last updated 14 months ago.
Darwin Project takes place in a dystopian post-apocalyptic Northern Canadian Rockies before a new Ice Age. It's essentially a game-show but where contestants can die. Ten prisoners are spawned into a snowy map and can only choose three pieces of equipment to start with (bear traps, cage traps, snowballs, hooks, gliders, and tripwires).
You can play this game in the following styles:
- You need be 18-years-old to to subscribe to Xbox Live Gold for online play, but can then configure family accounts for younger players to play online with Xbox One.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to PlayStation Plus for online play, but can create sub-accounts for younger players of 7-years or older to play online with PlayStation 5.
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
- You need a subscription to play online:
You can pruchase Ramen, the currency tha allows you to purchase cosmetic enhancements as follows:
- Darwin Project Ramen Snack
- Darwin Project Starter Pack
- Darwin Project Ramen Binge
- Darwin Project Ramen Dinner
- Darwin Project Ramen Stockpile
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
We haven't documented accessibility features for this game yet. Our Darwin Project Accessibility Report details system-wide settings that may help, and suggests similar games with accessibility features. Tweet the developer (@DarwinProject) to let them know about our Accessibility Questionnaire.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games. These are similar to Darwin Project in how they play or their theme. These are good alternative games to Darwin Project, or are a younger rated alternative for players not ready for PEGI 12 or ESRB TEEN games.