Posted: 2 years ago, last updated a year ago.
For those wanting a more fantastically and exuberant experience, there is a spin of Dirt series that offers a more extreme race challenge that includes local split-screen play.
The rally series dates back to 1998:
- Colin McRae Rally (1998) on PlayStation, PC and Gameboy
- Colin McRae Rally 2.0 (2000) on PlayStation, PC and Gameboy Advance
- Colin McRae Rally 3 (2002) on Xbox, PlayStation 2 and PC
- Colin McRae Rally 04 (2003) on Xbox, PlayStation 2 and PC
- Colin McRae Rally 2005 (2004) on Xbox, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Mac and PC
- Colin McRae Rally (2013) mobile version on iOS then ported to Android, PC and Mac
- Dirt Rally (2015) on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Mac
- Dirt Rally 2.0 (2019) on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One
You can play this game in the following styles:
- You need be 18-years-old to to subscribe to Xbox Live Gold for online play, but can then configure family accounts for younger players to play online with Xbox One.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to PlayStation Plus for online play, but can create sub-accounts for younger players of 7-years or older to play online with PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5.
DiRT Rally 2.0
Dirt Rally 2.0
Dirt Rally 2.0: Game Of The Year Edition
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
- In-Game Pass: Purchase a season/battle pass to gain access to limited in-game purchases, reward items and other aspects of the game.
- You need a subscription to play online:
In Dirt Rally 2.0 you can purchase locations and cars. There is a Colin McRae: Flat Out pack that adds scenarios from his career as well as a new location and 2 cars. There are four season passes that include all the content released in that period. There's a Game of the Year edition that includes all four seasons passes.
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
We haven't documented accessibility features for this game yet. Our Dirt Rally Accessibility Report details system-wide settings that may help, and suggests similar games with accessibility features. Tweet the developer (@Codemasters) to let them know about our Accessibility Questionnaire.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games. These are similar to Dirt Rally in how they play or their theme. These are good alternative games to Dirt Rally.