Posted: 16 months ago, last updated 10 weeks ago.
Play involves timing your jumps and directing yourself left and right. The left side of the playing field is connected with the right side. You can get a bigger jump by collecting different objects, such as propeller hats, jetpacks, rockets, springs, trampolines and invulnerability shields.
As you ascend there are monsters and UFOs you need to avoid, shoot or jump on to eliminate. You continue until you die by falling or hitting a monster, as there is no definitive end to the game. You can unlock different themes including Original, Christmas, Halloween, Rainforest, Space, Soccer World Cup, Underwater, Easter, Ice Blizzard, Retro Arcade, Ninja or Pirate.
Although it seems quite simple and a little random, there is actually more skill required than first appears. Each platform colour behaves differently. For example, Brown breaks when jumped on, Gray moves up and down, Yellow explodes, Blue moves sideways and Dark Blue can be moved by you.
Along with the themed Doodle Jump Easter Special, Christmas Special and SpongeBob SquarePants versions, the following releases are available:
- Doodle Jump (2009) iOS and Android
- Doodle Jump for Kinect (2010) No longer available
- Doodle Jump Journeys (2013) On 3DS adds checkpoints and levels.
- Doodle Jump Adventures (2019) On 3DS adds checkpoints and levels.
- Doodle Jump Race (2014) iOS and Android horizontal challenge.
- Doodle Jump 2 (2020) New environments, characters, platforms and monsters.
6+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game.
- Advertising: Smartphone or Tablet version of this game lets players watch adverts to unlock additional content and progress in the game. Note that these are not covered by the age rating and may include older-rated content.
A free version also exists. This version is nearly identical to the original, but features such as UFOs are not present, advertisements are shown and there is a limit to how high the Doodler goes.
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games. These are similar to Doodle Jump in how they play or their theme. These are good alternative games to Doodle Jump.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to Doodle Jump..