Posted: 4 months ago, last updated 7 weeks ago.
Play involves timing your jumps and directing yourself left and right. The left side of the playing field is connected with the right side. You can get a bigger jump by collecting different objects, such as propeller hats, jetpacks, rockets, springs, trampolines and invulnerability shields.
As you ascend there are monsters and UFOs you need to avoid, shoot or jump on to eliminate. You continue until you die by falling or hitting a monster, as there is no definitive end to the game. You can unlock different themes including Original, Christmas, Halloween, Rainforest, Space, Soccer World Cup, Underwater, Easter, Ice Blizzard, Retro Arcade, Ninja or Pirate.
Although it seems quite simple and a little random, there is actually more skill required than first appears. Each platform colour behaves differently. For example, Brown breaks when jumped on, Gray moves up and down, Yellow explodes, blue moves sideways and Dark Blue can be moved by you.
Along with the themed Doodle Jump Easter Special, Christmas Special and SpongeBob SquarePants versions, the following releases are available:
- Doodle Jump (2009) iOS and Android
- Doodle Jump for Kinect (2010) No longer available
- Doodle Jump Journeys (2013) On 3DS adds checkpoints and levels.
- Doodle Jump Adventures (2019) On 3DS adds checkpoints and levels.
- Doodle Jump Race (2014) iOS and Android horizontal challenge.
- Doodle Jump 2 (2020) New environments, characters, platforms and monsters.
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games for you. These offer a similar way to play to Doodle Jump or are games with a similar theme or topic. These are good alternative games to Doodle Jump.