This game is rated PEGI 16
Our review includes potentially triggering words:
Gore, Nudity, Sex, Sexual Content, Spells, Splashes of blood and Torture.
Ignore All Content Warnings
Fable (Series) Review
Posted: 21 months ago, last updated 5 weeks ago.
As you progress through the game over many hours, your character visually changes depending on how you play. As in other role-play games you choose how to develop skills and accrue equipment and clothing. In Fable II you can gain a career as Blacksmith, Woodcutter, Bartender, Assassin, Civilian Displacement (Slaver), Bounty Hunter, or Merchant.
You develop deep relationships in the game with different non-player characters. You have a pet dog to help you. You can even find a wife and have children. But these things remain secondary to the main adventure story.
Although the features of the game developed with each version, Fable II is generally thought to be the best version of the game.
- Fable (Xbox)
- Fable: The Lost Chapters expansion
- Fable Anniversary remade first game on Xbox 360
- Fable II (Xbox 360) with free Knothole Island and See the Future downloadable content available.
- Fable III (Xbox 360)
- Fable Heroes spin-off game (Xbox 360).
- Fable: The Journey spin-off game for Xbox Kinect camera, that is controlled by motion and gestures alone.
- Fable Trilogy compilation including Fable Anniversary, Fable II and Fable III (Xbox 360)
- Fable (Xbox Series X, PC) Series rebooted for the new generation of consoles from the team behind open world driving game Forza Horizon.
Fable I, II and III
Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience. The Fable Anniversary remake includes all the in-game purchases for free. Other games including Fable Trilogy require in-game purchases for additional content that extend the adventures.
Skill Rating12+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. Still, it's important for parents and guardians to consider the maturity required to process the game content. The unusual social progression and decision making, alongside the fighting, magic and fantasy adventure, make this a good match for pre-teenager skill levels. Provided they are comfortable with the content, the game offers a good challenge for their social deduction, identity and narrative processing skills.
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games for you. These offer a similar way to play to Fable or are games with a similar theme or topic. These are good alternative games to Fable, or are a younger rated alternative for players not ready for PEGI 16 or ESRB MATURE 17+ games.