Posted: 12 weeks ago.
The aim is to create an efficient set of inter-related factories to produce more goods than other players. You do this by purchasing factory blueprint cards and then building them when you have enough resources. Your factories produce their goods when you roll your worker dice and place them strategically.
It soon becomes a race to gain a well planned set of factories and enough resources to build and operate them. This means spending your worker dice in a careful order to ensure an efficient production line. For instance one factory may produce resources useful for another so make sure that one is triggered first.
Each purchasing phase you are competing with other players to get the right blueprints to factories that fit your production chain. Each time you role the dice you must figure out how to optimally place them to produce the most resources and goods in potentially powerful chain of events.
The result is a game that is part deck building and part dice puzzle. Once someone has manufactured 12 goods or constructed 10 buildings you have one last round and see who has the most points. With over 30 unique blueprints and countless synergies across buildings, each game is unique.
The first time you play this can help get you started:
- Familiarise yourself with the sorts of costs and resources that different factories create.
- Experiment with how different factories can work together, one producing the resources required by the next.
- Experiment with some sample factories and placing dice in different orders.
Play Time: This game will take between 45 minutes and 1 hour to complete.
10+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. Younger players need to be able to think and plan ahead. You need patience to bide your time while you set-up the perfect series of factories. You also need to be good at problem solving to spot the perfect sequence of dice placement.
Content RatingWe rate this suitable for 3+ years-olds.
- Fantastic Factories: Manufactions (2021) Adds new blueprints, contractors, vitamin resources, and corporate factions that grant players unique powers.
- Fantastic Factories Subterfuge (2021) Adds new blueprints and more player competition through stealing resources, cards, or even dice from each other.
We haven't documented accessibility features for this game yet. Our Fantastic Factories Accessibility Report details system-wide settings that may help, and suggests similar games with accessibility features. Tweet the developer (@FanFactories) to let them know about our Accessibility Questionnaire.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to Fantastic Factories. These are good alternative games to Fantastic Factories.
Our experts have hand-picked the following video games that offer a similar experience or theme to Fantastic Factories.