Posted: 22 months ago, last updated 3 months ago.
The different Kinect Sports games are as follows:
- Kinect Sports (2010) on the Xbox 360 and offers Bowling, Boxing, Track & Field, Table Tennis, Football and Beach Volleyball
- Kinect Sports: Season Two (2011) on Xbox 360 and offers Golf, Darts, Baseball, Skiing, Tennis, and American football.
- Kinect Sports Ultimate Collection (2012) on Xbox 360 includes the above sports and adds basketball, golf and skiing.
- Kinect Sports Rivals Preseason (2014) is on Xbox One as a stand-alone Jet Ski game.
- Kinect Sports Rivals (2014) is on the Xbox One and features more detailed interactions for Bowling, Jet Ski Racing, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Target Shooting, and Tennis.
The Xbox One version of the game is more ambitious in the number of players and detailed movement. Although you do need some space to play this and a well-lit room, if you get it right it is a hugely involving and enjoyable experience, unlike any other game you will play.
Players: You can play with 4 players in the same room and up to 4 players online. Kinect Sports support multiplayer both locally and online, with a mixture of competitive and cooperative play options. In addition, players can also take part in eight sport-based mini-games, or join in the Party Play mode designed to accommodate a larger number of players amassed in the same room, divided into two teams.
Because it uses the motion camera, you need to stand up and move all your limbs, make hand movements, and sometimes subtle gestures. In some games, such as waterskiing, you move very quickly so need to be able to quickly react to changes in the environment.
There are 4 difficulty levels in each sport, and in each, the opponent becomes more adept at the sport. Each sport also has a practice area where you learn the basics and can practice how to play.
All the dialogue is voiced, some of it by Hollywood star David Tennant, and all the subtitles, along with other text in the game is large and of high contrast. The game in general is bright and each element is easy to distinguish.
Our Kinect Sports Accessibility Report documents 17 accessibility features:
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games for you. These offer a similar way to play to Kinect Sports or are games with a similar theme or topic. These are good alternative games to Kinect Sports, or are a younger rated alternative for players not ready for PEGI 12 or ESRB TEEN games.