Posted: 2 years ago, last updated 7 weeks ago.
The different Kinect Sports games are as follows:
- Kinect Sports (2010) on the Xbox 360 and offers Bowling, Boxing, Track & Field, Table Tennis, Football and Beach Volleyball
- Kinect Sports: Season Two (2011) on Xbox 360 and offers Golf, Darts, Baseball, Skiing, Tennis, and American football.
- Kinect Sports Ultimate Collection (2012) on Xbox 360 includes the above sports and adds basketball, golf and skiing.
- Kinect Sports Rivals Preseason (2014) is on Xbox One as a stand-alone Jet Ski game.
- Kinect Sports Rivals (2014) is on the Xbox One and features more detailed interactions for Bowling, Jet Ski Racing, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Target Shooting, and Tennis.
The Xbox One version of the game is more ambitious in the number of players and detailed movement. Although you do need some space to play this and a well-lit room, if you get it right it is a hugely involving and enjoyable experience, unlike any other game you will play.
You can play this game in the following styles:
Kinect Sports Rivals
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
In-game purchases are available to unlock more activities individually and in packs.
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
We've chosen to highlight the most recent game, Kinect sports rivals, on Xbox One, in this report, so some of the older games on older platforms may not have all the accessibility features listed here.
Because it uses the motion camera, you need to stand up and move all your limbs, make hand movements, and sometimes subtle gestures. In some games, such as waterskiing, you move very quickly so need to be able to quickly react to changes in the environment.
There are 4 difficulty levels in each sport, and in each, the opponent becomes more adept at the sport. Each sport also has a practice area where you learn the basics and can practice how to play.
All the dialogue is voiced, some of it by Hollywood star David Tennant, and all the subtitles, along with other text in the game is large and of high contrast. The game in general is bright and each element is easy to distinguish.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games. These are similar to Kinect Sports in how they play or their theme. These are good alternative games to Kinect Sports, or are a younger rated alternative for players not ready for PEGI 12 or ESRB TEEN games.