This game is rated 3
Our review includes potentially triggering words:
Ignore All Content Warnings
Posted: 3 months ago.
You start by filling out the game board with Maze tiles that generate a fresh maze each time to play. You then deal the 24 treasure cards to each player. Each turn you look at the next treasure and slide in the spare Maze tile aiming to create a route to it. Once you have all your treasure you must get back to your starting spot to win.
As you progress different tactics develop. As well as creating routes to your treasure, you also need to consider how best to block other players. Once a player has all their treasure you know they need to get back home and can really work to obstruct them.
The result is a simple game that has layers of strategy. It can accommodate both younger and older players.
Play Time: This game will take between 15 minutes and 20 minutes to complete.
6-12 year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. Younger children need to understand how to adjust the maze not only for their go but to give them an advantage as the game continues. You can make the game simpler for younger players by:
- Giving younger players fewer treasures to find.
- Let younger players see all their treasure cards and collect it in any order.
Content RatingWe rate this suitable for 3+ years-olds.
- Labyrinth (1986) - Original game.
- Master Labyrinth (1991) - More items are added to the maze to make it harder.
- Junior Labyrinth (1995) - Small board and a bit simpler.
- Secret Labyrinth (1998) - Circular board adds fighting mechanic.
- Labyrinth: The Card Game (2000) - Simplified card game version.
- 3D Labyrinth (2002) - Has a plastic board.
- The Lord of the Rings Labyrinth (2003) - Themed with more Tile cards to slide.
- Labyrinth Treasure Hunt (2005) - Players all go at the same time.
- Master Labyrinth (2007) - Adds combat agains demons and dragons.
- Labyrinth: The Duel (2009) - Single player or two player version.
- Electronic Labyrinth (2011) - Electronic game with voiced missions and story quests.
- The Amazing Spider-Man Labyrinth (2012) - Spider-Man themed with a villain chasing you.
- Ocean Labyrinth (2015) - Ocean theme and flipable tiles.
- Das verdrehte Labyrinth (2016) - Garden theme and twistable tiles.
We haven't documented accessibility features for this game yet. Our Labyrinth Accessibility Report details system-wide settings that may help, and suggests similar games with accessibility features.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to Labyrinth. These are good alternative games to Labyrinth.
Our experts have hand-picked the following video games that offer a similar experience or theme to Labyrinth.