This game is rated PEGI 7
Our review includes potentially triggering words:
Ignore All Content Warnings
Posted: 2 years ago, last updated 2 weeks ago.
This adventure follows a narrative around Luigi needing to find and capture ghosts. As he progresses he gains more skills and equipment. This is similar in all versions although the scope, graphics and interactions develop with the series.
- Luigi's Mansion (Nintendo Gamecube)
- Luigi's Mansion (Nintendo 3DS Re-Release)
- Luigi's Mansion 2 (Nintendo 3DS) also known as Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon in the US
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 (Nintendo Switch)
- Luigi's Mansion (Nintendo Gamecube) was single-player.
- Luigi's Mansion (Nintendo 3DS re-release) added 2-player co-operative mode on the main story by linking two systems and two copies of the game. You could also play the Ghost Training mode with one copy of the game and two systems via the Download Play feature.
- Luigi's Mansion 2 (Nintendo 3DS) also known as Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon in the US, provided a Thrill Tower mode that you could play with 4 players. You need a system for each player but only one copy of the game which is shared via the Download Play feature. You can also play this mode online.
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 (Nintendo Switch) provides a co-operative mode for two players on the main story with one system and one copy of the game. The Scarescaraper mode is for up to 8 players and requires 4 switches and a copy of the game on each one. Screampark mode is more limited in scope but supports 8 players on one console. There is additional content available for more multiplayer levels.
You can play this game in the following styles:
Rated for younger players in the US.
7+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. One family told us "We play Luigi's Mansion 3 with our 5-year-old son. He played as supporting character Gooigi and basically can’t die. He enjoyed running about alongside me and fleeing from ghosts and doing occasional puzzles where you both have to pull levers." Other parents said that it's been a "massive hit" to play together.
Luigi's Mansion 2
Luigi's Mansion 3
There is an option in controls to change the right stick sensitivity from omnidirectional to horizontal only. This is used to simplify the use of the torch when searching rooms just looking left and right. If you select this, you can then use the motion controls to change the height Luigi looks at.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games. These are similar to Luigi's Mansion in how they play or their theme. These are good alternative games to Luigi's Mansion.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to Luigi's Mansion..