This game is rated PEGI 12
Our review includes potentially triggering words:
Ignore All Content Warnings
Posted: 3 years ago, last updated 10 weeks ago.
There are a range of modes, each featuring team-based combat with two opposing sides of six players. Each character has a unique skill and attributes that need to be learned to be effective. Players select one of over two dozen pre-made hero characters from one of three class types:
- Damage offensive focused characters
- Tank defensive characters
- Support characters who can heal teammates.
10+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. Still, it's important for parents and guardians to consider the maturity required to process the game content. Younger players can enjoy this if they are comfortable with highly competitive games and quick reactions. It can be frustrating when you lose, and you have to rely on teammates which is another tension point for youngsters.
Account RatingIf you are under 18-years-old, your parent or legal guardian must consent when making an account to play online.
- You need be 18-years-old to to subscribe to Xbox Live Gold for online play, but can then configure family accounts for younger players to play online with Xbox One.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to Nintendo Online, but can then create accounts for children of any age to play online with Nintendo Switch.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to PlayStation Plus for online play, but can create sub-accounts for younger players of 7-years or older to play online with PlayStation 4.
|SALE||Xbox One||£54.99||Free at the moment||Free |
Xbox Live Gold
|SALE||PS4||£54.99||Free at the moment||Free |
PS Plus Essential
Overwatch: Legendary Edition
- In-Game Loot Boxes: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience. These include in-game purchases of random items (known as 'loot boxes') that offer a chance of getting rare/higher-value items although common/lower-value items are more frequent.
- You need a subscription to play online:
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
Provides Gyro Aiming to hone in targeting (in addition to sticks) on Switch, but not on PS4 or Xbox.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games. These are similar to Overwatch in how they play or their theme. These are good alternative games to Overwatch, or are a younger rated alternative for players not ready for PEGI 12 or ESRB TEEN games.