This game is rated PEGI 7
Our review includes potentially triggering words:
Ignore All Content Warnings
Posted: 20 months ago, last updated 6 weeks ago.
Enemies can appear from anywhere at any time. As you defeat each of the five unique bosses, their abilities get distributed to the enemies of the world with escalating difficulty. You can decide which order to defeat bosses to manage how the enemies improve and have more of a chance of surviving.
It's an intentionally skill-based game that takes time to get used to. The controls are designed to become instinctive. The bar is set high, one hit and you die, three deaths and the run is over.
- Difficulty: Extensive settings. Adjust how quickly you need to react. You can have unlimited lives and ammunition. You can have Aim Assist at different levels. You can get the game to pause when viewing the map.
- Reading: There is no reading apart from the menus.
- Controls: You can remap the controls. You can use the keyboard and mouse. The game requires analogue aiming with stick or mouse.
- Image calibration: Adjust the brightness. Disable screen shake. Adjust the colours of the game. Visual warnings for upcoming enemies
- Audio calibration: Can adjust music and sound volume. Also, a separate setting for warning sound volume to hear these cues clearly.
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games for you. These offer a similar way to play to Overwhelm or are games with a similar theme or topic. These are good alternative games to Overwhelm.