This game is rated PEGI 16
Our review includes potentially triggering words:
Dismemberment and Drug.
Ignore All Content Warnings
Posted: 2 years ago, last updated a year ago.
As you play you must stay in a shrinking safe zone, that pushes players closer to one another and ramps up the action. If you fall outside the zone you take damage. You only have a single life each round, when you die you are out the game.
Unlike Fortnite that has Cross-Play feature between systems. PUBG Mobile is separate to the console and PC versions. PUBG does, however, offer a wider range of items and weapons than Fortnite.
You can play this game in the following styles:
Rated for younger players in the US. ESRB TEEN for Blood and Violence.
- You need be 18-years-old to to subscribe to Xbox Live Gold for online play, but can then configure family accounts for younger players to play online with Xbox One.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to PlayStation Plus for online play, but can create sub-accounts for younger players of 7-years or older to play online with PlayStation 4.
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
- In-Game Pass: Purchase a season/battle pass to gain access to limited in-game purchases, reward items and other aspects of the game.
- You need a subscription to play online:
The game is free on console, PC and smartphone. However, Battlegrounds Plus, is a paid (optional) premium upgrade that allows players to access a variety of new and exclusive in-game features. While all new players will start with a Basic Account that offers access to most game features, they can upgrade to Battlegrounds Plus for a one-time fee of $12.99 and gain access to the following:
- Bonus 1,300 G-COIN
- Survival Mastery XP + 100% boost
- Career - Medal tab
- Ranked Mode
- Custom Match functionality
- In-Game items, including the Captain’s Camo set, which includes hat, camo mask and camo gloves
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games. These are similar to PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds in how they play or their theme. These are good alternative games to PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, or are a younger rated alternative for players not ready for PEGI 16 or ESRB TEEN games.