This game is rated PEGI 7
Our review includes potentially triggering words:
Ignore All Content Warnings
Posted: 13 days ago, last updated 4 days ago.
You play with up to three other players and choose from one of the eight game modes, which include a classic all-against-all battle to the death, a robbery game where you need to collect the most artefacts and escape, and a mode where you fight against computer-controlled police. Each player has three lives, and when they are all lost, they can rejoin the round as a policeman who can use their taser to fight.
In each, you can use any item you find, including a torch, a bomb, and even a flamingo statue, to whack others and defeat them. Experimenting with the physics and what you can do with each weapon is essential; coming up with ambitious ways to destroy your opponents can often lead to even more hilarity.
The result is a fast-paced, frenetic party game that offers a wide variety of games that require quick thinking and cunning. The multitude of bizarre and amusing ways you can fight allow for endless moments of unique and hilarious chaos.
You can play this game in the following styles:
7+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. Play is fast-paced and good control is required, and each player should be prepared to lose very quickly on occasion. However, younger players with a good helping of patience and sense of humour often really enjoy the hilarity of simply failing when they least expect it - of from a chair to the head.
- You need be 18-years-old to to subscribe to Xbox Live Gold for online play, but can then configure family accounts for younger players to play online with Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to PlayStation Plus for online play, but can create sub-accounts for younger players of 7-years or older to play online with PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5.
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
- You need a subscription to play online:
You can buy packs that contain extra in-game outfits and items you can use to fight each other.
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
The gameplay is very fast-paced and you often need to rapidly press buttons. To throw an item, you need to hold down a button.
There is no speech and therefore no subtitles in the game, but other text is often small and can be low contrast.
As you can always see the entire stage, navigating around it is always fairly straightforward. At the beginning of each round, the objective is stated clearly. The contrast between most objects is good but some elements can be difficult to discern, like your lives, against certain backgrounds, which themselves have some moving elements and can be distracting. There are occasional flashing effects.
Diversity and Inclusion
Gender and Sexuality:
Gender and Sexuality Choices: The gender and sexuality choices you can make for your character orientation and presentation in the game.
- Choose Man/Boy or Woman/Girl: You can choose between either man/boy or woman/girl character.
Gender Representation: The gender representation of the pre-defined characters you can play in the game.
- Play as Character without stated Gender:: The game’s protagonist’s gender is ambiguous and not stated.
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games. These are similar to Rubber Bandits in how they play or their theme. These are good alternative games to Rubber Bandits.