Posted: 18 months ago, last updated 3 months ago.
The main quest involves fighting through each level and defeating the boss battle at the end, during this you collect as much treasure as possible. Collecting items and gaining abilities grants access to more of the level. You can get treasure by defeating enemies, finding chests, digging through the environment, and finding note sheets that also unlock music tracks.
In some of the games in the series you control characters besides Shovel knight, such as: Specter Knight and King Knight. Shovel Knight Showdown has a 4 player local battle mode so you can compete against friends and family, similar to Super Smash Bros. This is something unique to Showdown that the other games don't explore as much.
Shovel Knight: Treasure trove includes all 5 Shovel Knight games released. After the original Shovel Knight it expanded into a large series during its rise in popularity. The games listed can also be purchased separately:
- Shovel Knight: Shovel of hope (2004) on Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Xbox One and PC.
- Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows (2015) on Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, Playstation Station 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Xbox One and PC.
- Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment (2017) on Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Xbox One and PC.
- Shovel Knight: King of Cards (2019) on Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Xbox One and PC.
- Shovel Knight: Showdown (2019) on Nintendo Switch, Wii U,PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One and PC.
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience. The Shovel Knight games that are included in the treasure trove bundle but can be bought separately for an individual price.
The game supports the Amiibo figurines that are purchased separately to unlock things in the game.
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games for you. These offer a similar way to play to Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove or are games with a similar theme or topic. These are good alternative games to Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove.