Posted: 21 months ago, last updated 7 days ago.
When your run through the game ends, you start again, but with extra cards you may have unlocked. Returning to try again has the same progression by the floors and enemies will be different.
Along with basic attack and defence, cards are colour-coded cards tailored to your chosen character. In combat you play cards in turn, choosing any combination of cards as long as you have the required energy to pay for them. The key is not only picking your best cards but observing your enemy (and hovering over them for more information) to determine how they may attack and consequently how you need to counter.
- Difficulty: Gameplay modifiers can adjust the difficulty. Turn-based gameplay also helps with fatigue and reduces pressure.
- Reading: There is a lot of reading and the text is quite small.
- Controls: You can remap all keys on PC and play with keyboard and mouse. Cards stay selected without holding buttons. No holding and dragging required.
- Image calibration: You can turn off screen shake. The colours and indicators for attacking are clearly depicted. There is no colour blind mode.
- Audio calibration: No audio cues without corresponding visual prompt. No spoken narrative without text. Separate levels for game audio and music.
Our Slay the Spire Accessibility Report documents 35 accessibility features:
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games for you. These offer a similar way to play to Slay the Spire or are games with a similar theme or topic. These are good alternative games to Slay the Spire.