Posted: 3 years ago, last updated 16 months ago.
This game quickly descends into shouting and then the ship crashes. Teams need to come up with ways to communicate in order to avoid this if they are going to do well.
There is an updated version called Spaceteam VR for Oculus, PC and PlayStation VR, where you play in a virtual space ship. It has the same pressing buttons and pulling levers gameplay but you do it with a headset on. Because it's on more flexible hardware it can offer a wider range of game modes.
It means you can collaborate to pilot your ship in three different ways:
- Online VR Multiplayer: Up to six players, connected to the internet, in any popular VR headset join in a cooperative game of trying to avoid their binding doom.
- Local Mobile Multiplayer: Up to six players, play locally with at least one VR headset and connected smart devices, this offers an experience much like the original Spaceteam game. In the VR game each mobile player is represented by a robot.
- Single Player: If you don’t have any friend around or there's no one online you want to play with head to the Practice Mode and you and two of our trusty robots will form your Spaceteam.
You can play this game in the following styles:
Our Game Pathways reveal how 10-year-olds play this game:
- 10-year-old: Collateral Communication
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
Free to play, with some optional upgrades you can pay to unlock just once.
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
You need to shake the the device you are playing on to avoid asteroid attacks.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games. These are similar to Spaceteam in how they play or their theme. These are good alternative games to Spaceteam.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to Spaceteam..