Posted: 2 years ago, last updated 3 months ago.
Squadrons also offers you the chance to fight alongside your friends, in a group of five on multiplayer mode. Here, you are again able to chose your side and what type of ship you want to use, taking into account the strategic benefits of each within your group.
Additionally, Star Wars: Squadrons gives you the opportunity to play using a Play Station VR headset, further immersing yourself into the Star Wars universe and enhancing the realistic flight simulator.
9+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. Still, it's important for parents and guardians to consider the maturity required to process the game content. Younger players need to be willing to learn the different controls and craft. Detailed aiming is required but controls are much more approachable than Elite Dangerous.
- You need be 18-years-old to to subscribe to Xbox Live Gold for online play, but can then configure family accounts for younger players to play online with Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to PlayStation Plus for online play, but can create sub-accounts for younger players of 7-years or older to play online with PlayStation 4.
Star Wars: Squadrons
|Xbox One||£34.99||–||Free |
EA Play Pro
EA Play Pro
|Xbox Series X|S||Free||–||Free |
- You need a subscription to play online:
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
There are options to change the difficulty, and help with aiming, but these only apply to the single-player campaign levels, not the multiplayer game, where you play competitively against other players online. On any difficulty and with any control scheme, you need to have very quick reactions as you move very quickly and often have to retain lots of different pieces of information at once.
You can disable cockpit shaking in certain scenarios, which can reduce motion sickness, especially when playing in virtual reality, but the fast-moving and swirling backgrounds, combined with bright flashes from lasers and screen-shake from other causes, means that it will always be a potential side-effect. As you play from a first-person perspective, some areas of the screen are taken up by your ship's cockpit and wings, which can obstruct action happening at the edge of the screen and could be distracting for some payers.
You can make ships hidden by objects have a bright, clearly visible outline, with a colour that differed depending on whether they're a target or an ally.
There are a number of settings specifically for when you play in virtual reality:
- Snap Turn allows you to choose whether to turn smoothly or in larger increments (which can reduce motion sickness) when in the hangar or a briefing room. You can also separately adjust the angle by which you turn (30, 60, or 90 degrees).
- FOV Filter allows you to darken the edges of the screen when turning in a hangar or briefing room, which again can reduce motion sickness. You can select the strength of this effect.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games. These are similar to Star Wars: Squadrons in how they play or their theme. These are good alternative games to Star Wars: Squadrons, or are a younger rated alternative for players not ready for PEGI 12 or ESRB TEEN games.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to Star Wars: Squadrons., or are a younger rated alternative for players not ready for PEGI 12 or ESRB TEEN games.