This game is rated PEGI 7
Our review includes potentially triggering words:
Ignore All Content Warnings
Subnautica (Series) Review
Posted: 21 months ago, last updated 4 days ago.
Your main objective is to explore the ocean and survive its dangers, while also completing tasks to advance the plot. You collect resources, craft tools, bases, and even submersibles. The largest part of the game is underwater although there are two islands to explore.
You can play in different modes:
- Survival: Dealing with depleting health, hunger, thirst and oxygen. You can respawn if you die but lose items.
- Freedom: Hunger and thirst disabled but otherwise like Survival.
- Hardcore: If you die you have to restart from the beginning.
- Creative: Health and thirst are disabled. You also have access to all crafting without the need for resources.
- VR: The game can be played in VR mode with headsets such as the HTC Vive and the Oculus Rift, with the additional input of a keyboard and mouse or game controller.
It creates an experience that invites you to dive into an underwater ocean. There’s an open and immersive watery world to discover. Construction is predictably challenging, with air pressure and resources a battle to keep balanced. These housekeeping concerns are as occupying as the daunting, enigmatic and mysterious depths of Subnautica’s world. Although set in the future, Subnautica draws back a curtain on the real underwater worlds we know but can’t explore in a prolonged way.
|SALE||Xbox One||£24.99||£20.76 at the moment||–|
|Xbox One||£24.99||–||Free |
Xbox Game Pass
|SALE||PS4||£24.99||£16.24 at the moment||–|
Xbox Game Pass
Does not offer in-game purchases, 'loot boxes' or 'battle/season passes'.
In addition to the rating parents should note that at one point players add bleach to water to make it drinkable in the game.
Skill Rating10-16 year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game.
Our Subnautica Accessibility Report documents 14 accessibility features:
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games for you. These offer a similar way to play to Subnautica or are games with a similar theme or topic. These are good alternative games to Subnautica.