Posted: 17 months ago, last updated 7 months ago.
Play involves using your rhythmic reflexes in the 5 mini-games based on familiar sports: tennis, hockey, golf, and volleyball. Either on your own or with up to four people, you collaborate and compete to score points by hitting bang on the beat.
You can play with the Joy-Con on Switch (or Apple Remote on Apple TV) like the Wii Remote, using it like a bat and swinging it through the air. You can also use a standard controller and buttons if you prefer. As you progress you unlock new difficulty levels and compete for high scores. You can also earn clothing to customize your characters outfit and bat.
The result is a really simple game like Wii Sports, but with depth that comes from rhythm, timing and a love of music. It's a great game to play across the generations.
- Buddy Ball (1-4 players): Prepare to put your rhythmic reflexes to the test as you and up to three friends engage in this ball-bashing battle.
- Whacky Bat (1-2 players): Go for gold by hitting baseball-style pitches back. Build your streak by swinging in-time with the music for maximum points.
- Gobble Golf (1-2 players): Match musical patterns to feed some hungry aliens! The more you feed, the higher your score.
- Net Ball (1-2 players): Keep the volley going with perfect timing.
- Rhythm Racket (1-4 players): All against all, protect your goal and knock out the competition with radical rhythmic ricochets.
You can play this game in the following styles:
5+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. Really young players may struggle with the timing a little, but the collaborative modes can help with this if they play with older brothers and sisters or parents.
The game is free on iOS. On Switch it offers more features and updated interactions.
We haven't documented accessibility features for this game yet. Our Super Sports Beat Accessibility Report details system-wide settings that may help, and suggests similar games with accessibility features. Tweet the developer (@Harmonix) to let them know about our Accessibility Questionnaire.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games. These are similar to Super Sports Beat in how they play or their theme. These are good alternative games to Super Sports Beat.