Posted: 2 years ago, last updated 4 months ago.
You take on the role of a novice Temtem tamer on their journey to the different floating islands of the Airborne Archipelago. You must face the threat of Clan Belsoto, an evil organisation with a plot to take over the islands by force.
While there are similarities with Pokemon, Temtem is a more complex and nuanced game not least with the online play. You can customise your character with all sorts of outfits. You can breed different Temtems in a complex genetic system that, once understood, can lead to stronger Temtem with special abilities.
The online nature of the game not only lets you battle other players but also team up to go on co-operative adventures together. You can trade items with other players. There's an emote system to communicate with other players without direct text chat. However, it's worth noting that players can friend other people and send direct messages back and forth.
Temtem is out now on PC. It's coming to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X. Temtem Nintendo Switch is also planned for 2021, which is a little odd as TemTem isn't coming to PlayStation 4 or Xbox One.
Release Date: 21/01/2020, updated in 2022
Platforms: PC, PS5, Switch and Xbox Series X|S
Content Rating: PEGI 7
Skill Rating: 10+ year-olds
Players: 1 (100 online)
Accessibility: 13 features
In addition to the official rating, the developer notes that there are words like "Damn" and "Hell" in the dialogue. The violence is cartoon-like with flashes rather than blood.
10+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. If you have the skills for Pokemon then this is a good fit. The online play does make it skew a little older, and there is a bit more complexity.
- You need be 18-years-old to to subscribe to Xbox Live Gold for online play, but can then configure family accounts for younger players to play online with Xbox Series X|S.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to Nintendo Online, but can then create accounts for children of any age to play online with Nintendo Switch.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to PlayStation Plus for online play, but can create sub-accounts for younger players of 7-years or older to play online with PlayStation 5.
Temtem - Deluxe Edition
Temtem: Deluxe Edition
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
- You need a subscription to play online:
You can purchase cosmetic items for your character by purchasing in-game currency with real money, as well as earning the currency while playing. Battle Passes grant access to additional levelling system for a seasons, with special rare cosmetic items.,
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games. These are similar to Temtem in how they play or their theme. These are good alternative games to Temtem.