This game is rated PEGI 12
Our review includes potentially triggering words:
Ignore All Content Warnings
Posted: 19 months ago, last updated 7 weeks ago.
Like other games in the series, the action focuses on combat, exploration, and puzzle-solving in the dungeon areas that you discover. The game extended the Wii era's embracing of simpler and more intuitive controls, not only in the inclusion of motion detection but in a single action button used to serve a variety of functions.
The artificial intelligence of enemies in Twilight Princess took a leap forward since The Wind Waker, as they react to defeated companions and to arrows or slingshot pellets that pass by, and can detect Link from a greater distance than was possible in previous games.
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess was launched on both Gamecube and Wii at the same time, with an HD version on Wii U coming later. The Wii U version offered some enhancements and a harder Hero mode.
There are many games in the Zelda series, each received long and focused development from Nintendo:
- The Legend of Zelda (1986) on NES
- The Adventure of Link (1987) on NES
- A Link to the Past (1991) on Super NES and Gameboy Advance, then ported to Wii, Wii U and Switch (as part of Nintendo Online).
- Link's Awakening (1993) on Gameboy then updated for Switch
- Ocarina of Time (1998) on Nintendo 64 then updated for 3D on Nintendo 3DS
- Link’s Awakening DX (1998) on Gameboy Colour
- Majora's Mask (2000) on Nintendo 64 then updated to 3D on Nintendo 3DS
- Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages (2001) on Gameboy Colour
- Four Swords (2002) on Gamecube
- The Wind Waker (2002) on Gamecube then updated in HD on Wii U
- Four Swords Adventures (2004) on Gamecube
- The Minish Cap (2004) on Gameboy Advance
- Twilight Princess (2006) on Wii and Gamecube then in HD on Wii U
- Phantom Hourglass (2007) on Nintendo DS
- Spirit Tracks (2009) on Nintendo DS
- Skyward Sword (2011) on Wii
- A Link Between Worlds (2013) on Nintendo 3DS
- Tri Force Heroes (2015) on Nintendo 3DS
- Breath of the Wild (2017) on Switch
- Breath of the Wild Sequel (TBA) on Switch
The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience. The older version of the game on Wii and Gamecube is cheaper, but lacks the HD visuals of the Wii U version.
Twilight Princess HD is compatible with the Wolf Link amiibo, along with the Super Smash Bros. series Zelda amiibo, including Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Sheik, and Toon Link. These are scanned to unlock items:
- Wolf Link: Unlocks a new optional dungeon called the Cave of Shadows, which can be accessed anytime from the collection screen.
- Link or Toon Link: Replenish all of Link's Arrows. The Zelda or Sheik amiibo will restore all Hearts.
- Ganondorf: Enables Link to take twice as much damage.
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games for you. These offer a similar way to play to The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess or are games with a similar theme or topic. These are good alternative games to The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, or are a younger rated alternative for players not ready for PEGI 12 or ESRB TEEN games.