This game is rated PEGI 7
Our review includes potentially triggering words:
Horror and Insanity.
Ignore All Content Warnings
Posted: 20 months ago, last updated 6 weeks ago.
The Simpson family and their friend Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, who start noticing strange things in Springfield; security cameras, mysterious vans, crop circles, and a "new and improved" flavor of the popular soft drink Buzz Cola that causes insanity. Taking matters into their own hands, they discover numerous shocking secrets, and soon realize these incidents are part of a larger alien conspiracy, caused by Kang and Kodos.
Play focuses on exploration of the large sandbox representation of Springfield and completing missions. You race enemies and interact with characters on quests. The story branches to some extent and there are multiple sidequests.
Through the seven levels, you control a different character: Homer, Bart, Lisa, Marge, and Apu. You can explore on foot or jump into cars to drive or grab for a lift. When you need to you can attack aliens. The driving is a big focus of the game with many driving missions. You have to be careful not to drive too badly otherwise you get chased by the police.
It is often considered to be the best Simpsons tie-in game and has a cult following, with over 3 million copies sold.
- Bart vs. the Space Mutants (1991) on NES, Game Gear, Genesis, Amiga, Atari ST
- The Simpsons (1991) Arcade game
- Bart's House of Weirdness (1991) on PC
- Bart Simpson's Escape from Camp Deadly (1991) on Game Boy
- Bart vs. the World (1991) on Game Gear and Master System
- Bart vs. the Juggernauts (1992) on Game Boy
- Bartman Meets Radioactive Man (1992) on NES, Game Gear
- Bart's Nightmare (1992) on Super NES and Genesis
- Krusty's Fun House (1992) on Game Boy, NES, Super NES, Game Gear, Genesis, Master System, PC
- Bart & the Beanstalk (1994) on Game Boy
- Virtual Bart (1994) on Super NES, Genesis
- The Simpsons Bowling (2000) Arcade
- Night of the Living Treehouse of Horror (2001) on GB Color
- The Simpsons Wrestling (2001) on PlayStation
- The Simpsons Road Rage (2001) on Xbox, GameCube, PS2 and ported to Gameboy Advance
- The Simpsons Skateboarding (2002) on PS2
- The Simpsons Hit & Run (2003) on PC, Xbox, GameCube, PS2
- The Simpsons Game (2007) on Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, Wii, PS2, PS3, PSP
- The Simpsons Arcade (2009) on iOS
- The Simpsons Tapped Out (2012) on iOS and Android
- Lego Dimensions: The Simpsons (2018) expansion on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Wii U.
Simpsons Hit and Run can only be played on PC, original Xbox, PlayStation 2 or GameCube (which is supported on the Wii).
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games for you. These offer a similar way to play to The Simpsons Hit and Run or are games with a similar theme or topic. These are good alternative games to The Simpsons Hit and Run.