This game is rated PEGI 18
Our review includes potentially triggering words:
Apocalypse and Decapitation.
Ignore All Content Warnings
Posted: 2 years ago, last updated yesterday.
These are graphic adventure games, that play out like a novel but with a narrative and characters that change depending on your actions. You can talk to people, explore your location, pick up things and take a wide range of routes.
Although at first, this feels like you are not really changing very much of the game. As time goes by it's clear that you are having a substantial and sometimes grave effect on how the stories play out.
The series includes the following games:
- The Walking Dead (2012) The start of the zombie apocalypse where Lee Everett rescues young Clementine whose parents had travelled to Savannah prior to the apocalypse.
- The Walking Dead 400 Days (2012) is 400 Days is a downloadable episode that bridges between Season 1 and Season 2.
- The Walking Dead Season Two (2013) A year later, Clementine is separated from the other survivors and forced to fend on her own.
- The Walking Dead Michonne (2016) A three-episode series that fleshes out the time between the first two The Walking Dead seasons.
- The Walking Dead A New Frontier (2017) A few years later we find Clementine older now and with AJ, the infant she rescues at the end of Season 2 who is now a toddler.
- The Walking Dead The Final Season (2018-2019) A finally that concludes Clementine's story arc.
Each of these represents a season of content broken into a number of episodes. The complete collection has been gathered together in the following package:
- The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series (2019) includes all the episodes in one package for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
The Walking Dead Collection: The Telltale Series
The Walking Dead Onslaught
The Walking Dead Onslaught: Digital Deluxe
The Walking Dead: A New Frontier
The Walking Dead: A New Frontier: Episode 1
The Walking Dead: A New Frontier: Season Pass
The Walking Dead: A New Frontier: The Complete Season (Episodes 1-5)
The Walking Dead: Episode 1: A New Day
The Walking Dead: Michonne
The Walking Dead: Michonne: A Telltale Miniseries
The Walking Dead: Michonne: Ep. 1, In Too Deep
The Walking Dead: Michonne: The Complete Season
The Walking Dead: Saints And Sinners: Standard Edition
The Walking Dead: Saints And Sinners: Tourist Edition
The Walking Dead: Season 1
The Walking Dead: Season 2
The Walking Dead: Season Pass
The Walking Dead: Season Two
The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season
The Walking Dead: The Final Season
The Walking Dead: The Final Season: Season Pass
The Walking Dead: The Final Season: The Complete Season
The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series
The Walking Dead
Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience. This includes a regular subscription fee (known as a 'battle/season pass') to unlock access to reward items and other aspects of the game. Free-to-start on iOS then you purchase each chapter. On consoles, you purchase seasons together. Some of the series, like A New Frontier, offer season passes. Alternatively, you could purchase all the episodes in a single package: The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series.
The following in-game purchases are available:
The Walking Dead: Saints And Sinners: Tourist Edition Upgrade
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games for you. These offer a similar way to play to The Walking Dead or are games with a similar theme or topic. These are good alternative games to The Walking Dead, or are a younger rated alternative for players not ready for PEGI 18 or ESRB MATURE 17+ games.