Posted: 20 months ago, last updated 14 months ago.
Online players can team up to fight together, share gear and trade. Building houses or fighting bosses can be dangerous by yourself at first, so working with friends is important. You can create clubs and invite friends to exclusive worlds if you prefer to play without strangers.
As you progress you can access harder that enable you to gain higher levels, earn better rewards and more powerful resources. Unlike other role-play games, you need to defeat hostile enemies to gain the three key items: the hat, weapon and masks. You can also craft and trade items with characters. Other gear includes rings, costumes, tomes, pets, wings, mounts, boats, sails, flasks and fishing rods.
This array of items drives the main loop of playing Trove: collection. You can share items in a family by creating characters on the same account. This enables you to move items from one character to another. This can make the game feel complex and fuel a desire to spend real money to purchase items, but provided this is kept in balance it's an unusual game well fitted for those who love collecting shiny things.
You can play this game in the following styles:
- You need be 18-years-old to to subscribe to Xbox Live Gold for online play, but can then configure family accounts for younger players to play online with Xbox One.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to PlayStation Plus for online play, but can create sub-accounts for younger players of 7-years or older to play online with PlayStation 4.
Trover Saves the Universe
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
- You need a subscription to play online:
You can purchase in–game currency to buy items in the game including mounts, classes, and costumes for your character. Although these are optional, these purchases help bring the game to life. As well as the credit packs you can purchase packs of themed items:
- Trove - Sweet Sixteen Pack
- Trove - Level 25 Boost Pack
- Trove - Geodian Super Pack
- Trove - Cultivated Collection Pack
- Trove - Double Dragon Pack
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
We haven't documented accessibility features for this game yet. Our Trove Accessibility Report details system-wide settings that may help, and suggests similar games with accessibility features. Tweet the developer (@Gamigo) to let them know about our Accessibility Questionnaire.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games. These are similar to Trove in how they play or their theme. These are good alternative games to Trove.