This game is rated PEGI 16
Our review includes potentially triggering words:
Ignore All Content Warnings
Posted: 2 years ago, last updated 12 months ago.
However, the rag-tag main characters also come with less helpful traits. You might be colour blind and only see in black and white. You might be a smoker who frequently coughs and alerts the guards. It's a novel take and works to undermine the usual power fantasy so players have to use their heads as much as quick reflexes.
Void *!@?*: Deluxe Bundle
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
There are extra levels available through the Tydy DLC. This adds new levels, weapons, opponents and new ships to loot. It also adds a heart starter system that gives you a chance of keeping your favourite client alive.
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
This game supports accessibility in the following ways:
- Difficulty: Five difficulty settings provided but not customisable.
- Reading: There is reading, but all text is voiced. The narrative text is small. There is a lot of text about weapons and characters that is all very small.
- Controls: You can remap PC keyboard controls but can't remap gamepads. You can adjust mouse and stick sensitivity. On controllers, you can toggle for run rather than holding, but have to hold to crouch. Vibration can be turned off.
- Image calibration: There is a comic book style word-visualisation representation of almost every important sound in the game. Step sounds on the other side of doors, even as far as different descriptions of different enemy sounds ("tap", "hover", "step"). Noises you make are also indicated with white lines.
- Audio calibration: Can control sounds and music separately. Can switch to mono. Night mode option, decreases volume of loud sounds.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games. These are similar to Void Bastards in how they play or their theme. These are good alternative games to Void Bastards, or are a younger rated alternative for players not ready for PEGI 16 or ESRB MATURE 17+ games.