Posted: 11 weeks ago, last updated 4 weeks ago.
Each turn you roll three dice for use by all the players. They then use one for direction, another for distance and one for crew duties. In this way you navigate the map you have printed, scoring points for visiting islands, collecting and trading goods and training sailors.
As you progress, depending where you use the dice to land, you can gain cargo, grail and other items. You build up your crew to take advantage of special items, and take on the big bad enemy. The aim is to do enough of these things to gain three legendary stars and end the game.
There are different maps you can play on:
- Starter Map - With Cargo, Legendary Treasure and the Fearsome Dread.
- Cold Dark Depths - With Journals and Icebergs.
- Lighting Beacon Bay - With Beacons to light and Watchtowers
The genius is that this is all tracked on the printed maps and played with just three dice. This means you can print a whole range of different maps, but also you can play with as many people as you want. You can even play over Zoom if you want. It's fascinating to see how different players taken different courses at the end of the game.
The first time you play the following can help:
- Let everyone see each other's sheets. Subsequent plays it is fun if you only periodically see each other's sheets.
- You can play a round not worrying about the more complex scoring.
- You can play a round with pencil rather than pen, so you can undo mistakes on a go.
- Ensure each player understands the different ways to score including uncharted territory, how multi-tile islands work and how you adjust (and wrap) dice scores with your sailors.
Play Time: This game will take between 20 minutes and half an hour to complete.
You can play this game in the following styles:
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to Voyages. These are good alternative games to Voyages.
Our experts have hand-picked the following video games that offer a similar experience or theme to Voyages.