This game is rated PEGI 12
Our review includes potentially triggering words:
Death, Drug and Drugs.
Ignore All Content Warnings
Posted: 19 months ago, last updated 2 weeks ago.
Along with survival races on tracks, in demolition mode you aim to be the last car standing in an arena brawl. Wreckfest models the physics of the cars, impacts and damage accurately to not only display the state of things, but to adjust performance of your vehicle as it loses traction, gears and body parts.
The three modes in Wreckfest are career, multiplayer and custom events. In Career you win races to earn currency to spend on customisations, upgrades and repairs to keep your beaten-up car going. Multiplayer mode is played online friends, in demolition derby style. Finally, custom events give you the freedom to pick a course, duration, types of cars, opponents and modes.
You can play this game in the following styles:
Rated for younger players in Australia. Rated Parental Guidance (PG) for Mild Themes.
6+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. Still, it's important for parents and guardians to consider the maturity required to process the game content. Younger players may not be able to be competitive but there is still a lot of fun, driving around and hitting into other cars. There's a skill to damaging other vehicles but youngsters can have fun with the "realistic" damage mode that makes things funny and fragile. Racing around on a motorised couch/sofa is always a hit with kids.
Account RatingYou need be 18-years-old to to subscribe to Xbox Live Gold for online play, but can then configure family accounts for younger players to play online with Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S.
You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to Nintendo Online, but can then create accounts for children of any age to play online with Nintendo Switch.
You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to PlayStation Plus for online play, but can create sub-accounts for younger players of 7-years or older to play online with PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5.
|Xbox One||£26.74||–||Free |
Xbox Game Pass
|SALE||Xbox One||£26.74||£17.75 at the moment||–|
|SALE||PS4||£24.99||£17.95 at the moment||–|
Xbox Game Pass
EA Play Pro
Wreckfest PlayStation 5 Version
Wreckfest: Complete Edition
Wreckfest: Drive Hard. Die Last.
You need to purchase a Nintendo Online subscription to play online with Nintendo Switch.
You need to purchase a PlayStation Plus subscription to play online with PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5.
You need to purchase a Xbox Live Gold subscription to play online with Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S.
Additional content for Wreckfest includes:
- Season Pass 1 - 20 new cars the Bandit Ripper V8, 20 roof decorations and a Car customization pack with new armour, rims and more.
Packs included in the Season Pass 1 can also be purchased individually:
- Rusty Rats Car Pack - Raiden RS car.
- Goofy Roofs Pack - 20 new items including hats, rockets and explosives.
- Steel & Wheels Pack - Heavy Armour: Bumpers, Side Protectors, Roll cages and Wheels, Exhausts and Spoilers.
- Banger Racing Car Pack - 3 cars: Hearse, Stock and Sweeper car.
- Retro Rammers Car Pack - 3 cars: Wingman, Buggy and Bumper car.
- Backwoods Bangers Car Pack - 3 cars: Outlaw, Hornet and Honey Pot car.
- Modified Monsters Car Pack - 5 cars: Monster Truck, Military Pickup Truck, Dragstar, Mini and Pig Car.
- American All-Stars Car Pack - 3 cars: Grand Duke, Wild King and Little thrasher.
Packs included in the Season Pass 2 can also be bought individually:
- Getaway Car Pack - 3 cars: Bullet, Razor and Cardinal.
- Racing Heroes Car Pack - 3 cars: Raven, Stellar and Speedy.
- Reckless Car Pack - 3 cars: Gorbie, Blade and Stepvan.
We haven't documented accessibility features for this game yet. Our Wreckfest Accessibility Report details system-wide settings that may help, and suggests similar games with accessibility features. Tweet the developer (@BugBearGames) to let them know about our Accessibility Questionnaire.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games. These are similar to Wreckfest in how they play or their theme. These are good alternative games to Wreckfest, or are a younger rated alternative for players not ready for PEGI 12 or ESRB TEEN games.