This game is rated PEGI 18
Our review includes potentially triggering words:
Ignore All Content Warnings
Alien: Isolation Review
Posted: 8 months ago, last updated 9 days ago.
Unlike other space alien games that throw masses of enemies at you, Alien Isolation creates constant tension through being hunted by a single intelligent alien. You have to scavenge for resources, hack systems and craft items but all the time watch your back for the creature closing in. Do well and you gain the items you need to progress. But still it's your choice whether to avoid, distract or fight the persistent Alien.
The strong narrative and dark atmosphere of Sevastopol creates an unnerving environment where the alien could be around any corner. The base slowly tells its story as you discover the remains and discard lives that went before. Each room has a past life with furniture, beds, tape recordings and even broken cups making clear that something went very wrong here.
|Xbox One||£29.99||–||Free |
Xbox Game Pass
|SALE||Xbox One||£29.99||£17.99 at the moment||–|
|SALE||PS4||£29.99||£18.32 at the moment||–|
Xbox Game Pass
Alien: Isolation: The Collection
Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience. This includes a regular subscription fee (known as a 'battle/season pass') to unlock access to reward items and other aspects of the game.
You don’t need a paid subscription to play this game online. Additional conten (the Nintendo switch game includes all additional content) :
- Season Pass - Includes new maps and challenges to take on the Survivor Mode, as well as 25% off the 5 add-ons listed below.
- The Trigger - Play as Ricardo - learn about explosives and get three new Survivor-Mode maps.
- Lost Contact - Play the Salvage Mode map, with the Lorenz Private Wards and the Emergency Power Plant, play as Axel and equip yourself with the Revolver and Bolt gun.
- Safe Haven - Salvage mode - Venture out of the safe room, complete objectives and return safely. Play as Hughes, and get faster access to the Bolt Gun, Shotgun and EMP Mine. Can explore the Gemini Systems and the Bacchus Apartments.
- Last Survivor - The rest of the crew are dead, you must set the ship’s self-destruct and attempt to reach the escape shuttle in time to survive.
- Crew Expandable - With the original crew reunited, it's down to you as Dallas, Parker or Ellen Ripley, to find a way to isolate the Alien and overcome the terror that confronts them with.
- Corporate Lockdown - three new maps: for Survivor Mode and a time-based challenge to test your skills.
- Trauma - three new maps for Survivor Mode, a time-based challenge to test your skills.
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games for you. These offer a similar way to play to Alien: Isolation or are games with a similar theme or topic. These are good alternative games to Alien: Isolation, or are a younger rated alternative for players not ready for PEGI 18 or ESRB MATURE 17+ games.
Thank you for using our resource, supported by AskAboutGames, ParentZone and PlayAbility Initiative. We are editorially independent, written by parents for parents, but welcome sponsorship, partnership and suggestions. Email our editor for details on these opportunities.
The information on this database is designed to support and complement the in-depth discussion and advice about video game "addiction", violence, spending and online safety in the Taming Gaming book. If you have any concerns or questions in these areas, email our editor who is quick to respond or can arrange for a one-to-one conversation.