Battlefield (Series) Review
Posted: 10 months ago, last updated 9 months ago.
Battlefield has been released in various iterations:
- Battlefield 1942 (2002) on PC and Mac
- Battlefield Vietnam (2004) on PC and Mac
- Battlefield 2 (2005) onPC andMac
- Battlefield 2: Modern Combat (2005) PlayStation 2, XBox 360, Xbox
- Battlefield 2142 (2006) on PC and Mac
- Battlefield: Bad Company (2008) on PlayStation 3, XBox 360
- Battlefield Heroes (2009) on PC and Mac
- Battlefield 1943 (2009) on PlayStation 3, XBox 360
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (2010) on IOS, PC, PlayStation 3, XBox 360
- Battlefield 3 (2011) on PC, PlayStation 3, XBox 360
- Battlefield 4 (2013) on PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, XBox 360, XBox One
- Battlefield Hardline (2015) on PC: PlayStation 4, XBox One,
- Battlefield 1 (2016) rereleased on PC, PlayStation 4, XBox One.
- Battlefield V (2018) PC, PlayStation 4, XBox One
This game has been rated ESRB MATURE 17+.
Although some versions are rated PEGI 18, however Battlefield V is rated PEGI 16. This is for frequent scenes of strong violence and strong language. Violence is typical of war time first person shooters. Players are armed with a variety of firearms, blades, explosives and vehicles such as tanks and aircraft. When soldiers are shot and killed, there’s often a spray of blood and they collapse to the floor. Melee attacks consist of using various weapons such as machetes, knives, hatchets and broken bottles to stab other soldiers and they collapse to the floor when killed. This game includes multiple uses of the word “*!@?*” and its derivatives. One cutscene shows a soldier that has been hanged for being a deserter.
Users Interact: The game enables players to interact and communicate with each other, so may expose players to language usually associated with older rated games.
Windows has extensive accessibility features. Some, like colour correction, work with games. Lots of accessibility software can be used with PC games, from voice recognition to input device emulators. PlayStation 4 has a range of accessibility settings. Some are system only, some work in games (invert colours and button mapping). Xbox One has a system features, the excellent co-pilot share controls mode and adaptive controller support for all games... read more about system accessibility settings.
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games for you. These offer a similar way to play to Battlefield or are games with a similar theme or topic. These are good alternative games to Battlefield, or are a younger rated alternative for players not ready for PEGI 16+ or ESRB MATURE 17+ games.
Thank you for using our resource, supported by AskAboutGames, ParentZone and PlayAbility Initiative. We are editorially independent, written by parents for parents, but welcome sponsorship, partnership and suggestions. Email our editor for details on these opportunities.
The information on this database is designed to support and complement the in-depth discussion and advice about video game "addiction", violence, spending and online safety in the Taming Gaming book. If you have any concerns or questions in these areas, email our editor who is quick to respond or can arrange for a one-to-one conversation.