Bit Trip Review
Posted: 10 days ago.
The series of games each focuses on retro music-powered fun, but also offers an ongoing story that develops through each game. From the cutscenes to the backgrounds and even the names of the levels, the game offers an intriguing message full of lore and speculation.
The games in the series are as follows:
- Bit.Trip Beat: (Wii, iOS, PC, Mac, 3DS, Switch) Like classic pong but you are defending waves of incoming blocks to the beat of the music. You can play with up to four players cooperatively.
- Bit.Trip Core: (Wii, 3DS, PC, Mac, Switch) You control a plus shape and fire a beam in four directions. You must destroy patterns of blocks that zoom across the screen.
- Bit.Trip Void: (Wii, 3DS, PC, Mac, Switch) You control a black circle that you must grow by collecting black squares and dodging white squares.
- Bit.Trip Runner: (Wii, PC, Mac, 3DS, Switch) You jump, slide, kick through 50 levels and defeating bosses.
- Bit.Trip Fate: (Wii, 3DS, PC, Mac, Switch) You travel through the world automatically and must shoot enemies in time with the music. By defeating enemies and collecting the items they drop you can enhance you weapons.
- Bit.Trip Flux: (Wii, 3DS, PC, Mac, Switch) This combines elements from the first five games, changes in the graphics and music of the title reflect how well the player is doing.
- Bit.Trip Presents Runner2: (Wii U, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, Vita, iOS) Spiritual successor to Bit.Trip Runner with the same main character and play style. However it follows a side-story rather than the main developing plot.
- Bit.Trip Saga/Complete: (3DS, Wii) Compilation of the series on Nintendo 3DS and Wii. The 3DS version added stylus control and the Wii version added 20 different challenge levels of difficulty for each game.
- The Bit.Trip: (PS4, Vita) Compilation of the first six games on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita. It adds achievements and difficulty levels from Complete.
- Bit.Trip The Complete Original Series: (Switch) The first six games in a compilation for the switch. It adds achievements and difficulty levels from Complete.
- Runner3: (PS4, Switch, Mac, PC) A rhythm platform game sequel to Bit.Trip Presents Runner2.
Content Rating: PEGI 3
Release Date: 28/04/2009, updated in 2018
Platforms: Mac, PC, PS3, PS4, Switch, Wii, Wii U, Xbox 360 and iOS
Genres: Action, Platform and Shooting
This game has been rated PEGI 3.
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games for you. These offer a similar way to play to Bit Trip or are games with a similar theme or topic. These are good alternative games to Bit Trip.
Thank you for using our resource, supported by AskAboutGames, ParentZone and PlayAbility Initiative. We are editorially independent, written by parents for parents, but welcome sponsorship, partnership and suggestions. Email our editor for details on these opportunities.
The information on this database is designed to support and complement the in-depth discussion and advice about video game "addiction", violence, spending and online safety in the Taming Gaming book. If you have any concerns or questions in these areas, email our editor who is quick to respond or can arrange for a one-to-one conversation.