This game is rated PEGI 3
Our review includes potentially triggering words:
Ignore All Content Warnings
Boomerang Fu Review
Posted: 12 months ago, last updated 5 weeks ago.
There are over 30 arenas that include unique tools and traps, as well as moving platforms and foliage to hide in. The game also allows players to tweak settings to tailor battles for their family. For example: friendly fire, shields and chosen power-ups, adding a level of freedom when battling.
You can also switch on and off which power ups you have enables, some of which can completely change the game:
- Move Faster: Increased speed.
- Dash Through Walls: Move through obstacles for a short period.
- Teleport: Warp yourself out of trouble.
- Explosive boomerang: Your attack explodes after a countdown.
- Multi Boomerang: Throw many attacks at once.
- Fire Boomerang: Catches items on fire and does more damage.
- Ice Boomerang: Freezes opponents.
- Disguise: Can transform into one of the objects in the level.
- Shield: Can't be killed for a short period.
- Battle Royale:
- Telekinesis: Move objects in the level to attack.
It sounds simple but because the game uses real physics you can curve your shots and even attack opponents with a clever back swing. It's frantic but highly skilful.
Players: You can play with 6 players in the same room, but you can’t play it online. Battle on a shared screen with each player needing a controller. On Switch you can use one half of a Joy-Con controller for each player.
Our Boomerang Fu Accessibility Report details 8 accessibility features:
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games for you. These offer a similar way to play to Boomerang Fu or are games with a similar theme or topic. These are good alternative games to Boomerang Fu.
Thank you for using our resource, supported by AskAboutGames, ParentZone and PlayAbility Initiative. We are editorially independent, written by parents for parents, but welcome sponsorship, partnership and suggestions. Email our editor for details on these opportunities.
The information on this database is designed to support and complement the in-depth discussion and advice about video game "addiction", violence, spending and online safety in the Taming Gaming book. If you have any concerns or questions in these areas, email our editor who is quick to respond or can arrange for a one-to-one conversation.