Brawl Stars Review
Posted: 3 months ago, last updated 12 weeks ago.
Each Brawler has a main attack and 3 other abilities:
- Super, which is like the Brawler's special attack
- Star powers, which are passive abilities which can deal damage to opponents or aid you in myriad other ways
- Gadgets, which are unlockable abilities which deal massive amounts of damage.
There are 7 different types of game mode to play in, all of which can be played with other people:
- Showdown (Solo), a Battle Royale against 9 other players where the last man standing wins.
- Showdown (Duo), the same as Showdown (Solo), but with a teammate by your side.
- Gem Grab, a 3v3 game where the first team to collect 10 purple gems is crowned the victor.
- Bounty, another 3v3 game where you get more stars for killing your opponents.
- Heist, where you need to destroy the opposing team's safe all while protecting your own.
- Robo Rumble, where your team needs to protect a safe from hordes of robots.
- Brawl Ball, where you must score a goal against an opposing team.
By winning fights, you move through a progression system called the Brawl Pass. The rewards are quite generous, giving you loot boxes, skins, emojis, coins and Brawlers. It refreshes every two months. You can also view your progress and claim milestone prizes on the "Trophy Road".
Players: This is a single player game. You can play with up to 10 players online. You can play online in 3-versus-3 multiplayer and all against all 10 player fights.
Cross-Platform: You can play across Android and iOS.
This game is free to play. Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience. Some of these purchases (known as 'loot boxes') are for a chance of getting rare/higher-value items although common/lower-value items are more frequent.
You don’t need a paid subscription to play this game online. The game allows you to buy its premium currency, gems, for real money. The price of these ranges from $2.79/£1.99 for 30 to $69.99/£49.99 for 950. The loot boxes have a chance to give you Brawlers, coins or upgrades.
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games for you. These offer a similar way to play to Brawl Stars or are games with a similar theme or topic. These are good alternative games to Brawl Stars.
Thank you for using our resource, supported by AskAboutGames, ParentZone and PlayAbility Initiative. We are editorially independent, written by parents for parents, but welcome sponsorship, partnership and suggestions. Email our editor for details on these opportunities.
The information on this database is designed to support and complement the in-depth discussion and advice about video game "addiction", violence, spending and online safety in the Taming Gaming book. If you have any concerns or questions in these areas, email our editor who is quick to respond or can arrange for a one-to-one conversation.