This game is rated PEGI 16
Our review includes potentially triggering words:
ghosts and horror.
Ignore All Content Warnings
Call of Duty Mobile Review
Posted: 9 months ago, last updated 3 months ago.
Although on mobile devices, the game aims to deliver an experience like you get on a bigger console. You can adjust the controls on the smaller screen as well as use voice and text chat to coordinate with other players.
As you progress you unlock characters, weapons, outfits, scorestreaks and pieces of gear to use in the game. But the focus is still kept on skill and strategy. In competitive Ranked Modes you compete to improve your online rank an earn prizes for your community and "Clan" of other players.
Played from a first-person perspective, these games take considerable skill to master. Although the setting, weaponry, narrative and game modes are developed and enhanced each year, the core experience remains the same:
- Call of Duty (2003) on PC, Mac, Xbox 360, PS3
- Call of Duty 2 (2005) on PC, Mac, Xbox 360 and Xbox One via backwards compatibility.
- Call of Duty 3 (2006) on PS2, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii and Xbox One via backwards compatibility
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (2007) PC, Mac, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii and remastered for Xbox One, PS4
- Call of Duty: World at War (2008) on PC, PS2, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii and Xbox One via backwards compatibility
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2009) on PC, Mac, XBox 360, PS3 and Xbox One compatible
- Call of Duty: Black Ops (2010) on PC, Mac, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii and Xbox One via backwards compatibility
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (2011) on PC, Mac, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii and Xbox One compatible
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II (2012) PC, XBox 360, PS3, Wii U and Xbox One via backwards compatibility
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (2013) PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (2014) PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III (2015) on PC, Mac, Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (2016) on PC, Xbox One, PS4
- Call of Duty: WWII (2017) on PC,Xbox One, PS4
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 (2018) on PC, Xbox One, PS4
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) on PC, Xbox One, PS4
- Call of Duty: Modern Warzone (2019) is a free combat arena on PS4, Xbox One, PC
- Call of Duty: Mobile (2019) on iOS and Android
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (2020) on PC, Xbox One, PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X
Content Rating: PEGI 16
Release Date: 15/10/2019
Platforms: Android and iOS
Genres: Action and Shooting
Call of Duty Mobile
This game is free to play. Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience. Some of these purchases (known as 'loot boxes') are for a chance of getting rare/higher-value items although common/lower-value items are more frequent. These in-game purchases also offer a regular subscription fee (known as a 'battle/season pass') to unlock access to reward items and other aspects of the game.
You don’t need a paid subscription to play this game online. You can purchase COD points in packs of up to £99/$99 that enable you purchase items like Crates, Weapons, Weapon skins, Characters, Player avatars, Weapon XP cards. Weapons cost up to about £10 and Crates cost up to £1 each.
Items come in 5 levels of rarity: Common (grey), Uncommon (green), Rare (blue), Epic (purple), Legendary (orange). The rarer items are more costly and harder to obtain. You can also purchase season passes with themes, new characters, weapons, abilities, perks, and game modes.
Using COD Points to open crates offers a loot box style offer of which items you will get. The Crates tell you the odds of getting different items before you purchase and open them.
PEGI 16 for strong violence.
ESRB MATURE 17+ Blood, Strong Language, Violence.
The Apple App Store rates the game 17+ for Infrequent/Mild Mature or Suggestive, Horror or Fear, Profanity or Crude Humour Themes and for Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence.
Users Interact: The game enables players to interact and communicate with each other, so may expose players to language usually associated with older rated games.
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games for you. These offer a similar way to play to Call of Duty Mobile or are games with a similar theme or topic. These are good alternative games to Call of Duty Mobile, or are a younger rated alternative for players not ready for PEGI 16 or ESRB MATURE 17+ games.
Thank you for using our resource, supported by AskAboutGames, ParentZone and PlayAbility Initiative. We are editorially independent, written by parents for parents, but welcome sponsorship, partnership and suggestions. Email our editor for details on these opportunities.
The information on this database is designed to support and complement the in-depth discussion and advice about video game "addiction", violence, spending and online safety in the Taming Gaming book. If you have any concerns or questions in these areas, email our editor who is quick to respond or can arrange for a one-to-one conversation.