Cars 3: Driven to Win Review
Posted: 12 weeks ago, last updated 8 weeks ago.
Along with this exploration Playground mode are six game modes.
- Race: Players must compete to see who can get to the finish line the fastest.
- Battle Race: Racing, but with weapons.
- Takedown: Players must use weapons and power-ups to take out as many other cars as possible. When the timer runs out, the player with the most points wins.
- Stunt Showcase: The objective here is to put on a show by performing jumps and tricks to score points and impress the crowds.
- Best Lap Challenge: Players must try to get the best lap time around a given course.
- Master Level Events: Players will race with bosses.
The combination of 100's of little challenges to unlock characters and cars with the open world playground mode makes this great for younger players.
If you liked this style of game you can also find older version of this on different systems. If you like the open world aspect of the game Cars Race-O-Rama is worth checking out:
- Cars (2006)
- Cars: Radiator Springs Adventures (2006)
- Cars Mater-National Championship (2007)
- Cars Race-O-Rama (2009)
- Cars 2 (2011)
- Cars 3: Driven to Win (2017)
Rated PEGI 7 for non-realistic violence in a child-friendly setting or context. Features non-realistic violence in a child-friendly setting or context. Although the setting is cartoon-like, players can body check and shoot opponents with rockets, bombs, turrets, etc. The action can get very frenetic.
ESRB EVERYONE 10+ Cartoon Violence. Players use machine guns, missiles, lasers, and mines against opponents. Action is highlighted by crashing metal sounds; cars flipping into the air; and large, fiery explosions.
Nintendo Switch has some built-in features, including a lockable zoom, that can be used on all games. The Wii U has some limited settings, such as disabling rumble and selecting mono audio. PlayStation 4 has a range of accessibility settings. Some are system only, some work in games (invert colours and button mapping). Xbox One has a system features, the excellent co-pilot share controls mode and adaptive controller support for all games... read more about system accessibility settings.
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games for you. These offer a similar way to play to Cars 3: Driven to Win or are games with a similar theme or topic. These are good alternative games to Cars 3: Driven to Win.
Thank you for using our resource, supported by AskAboutGames, ParentZone and PlayAbility Initiative. We are editorially independent, written by parents for parents, but welcome sponsorship, partnership and suggestions. Email our editor for details on these opportunities.
The information on this database is designed to support and complement the in-depth discussion and advice about video game "addiction", violence, spending and online safety in the Taming Gaming book. If you have any concerns or questions in these areas, email our editor who is quick to respond or can arrange for a one-to-one conversation.