Posted: 3 months ago.
Author: Andy Robertson.
This new game is from the developers behind Skylanders and has a time-travelling twist as Crash journeys from 1998 to different eras when he finds Lani-Loli mask. Your task is to recover the four Quantum Masks that give you the ability to bend the rules of reality and gain new powers. Each of these masks works like a special upgrade to help you progress through specific elements of the game. For example, the Gravity Mask enables you to platform upside down.
The main games in the series are largely platformers:
- Crash Bandicoot (1996) on PlayStation.
- Cortex Strikes Back (1997) on PlayStation.
- Warped (1998) on PlayStation.
- Crash Bash (2000) on PlayStation.
- Wrath of Cortex (2001) on PlayStation 2, Xbox and GameCube.
- Twinsanity (2004) on PlayStation 2 and Xbox.
- Crash of the Titans (2007) on PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, Wii, Nintendo DS, Game Boy Advance.
- Mind over Mutant (2008) on PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation Portable, Nintendo DS.
- N. Sane Trilogy (2007) on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PC.
- Crash Bandicoot Mobile (2020)
- Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (2020) on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- The Huge Adventure (2002) on GameBoy Advance.
- N-Tranced (2003) on GameBoy Advance.
- Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage (2004) on Game Boy Advance.
- Spyro Orange: The Cortex Conspiracy (2004) on Game Boy Advance.
- Crash Boom Bang! (2006) on Nintendo DS.
- Crash Team Racing (1999) on PlayStation 2, Xbox, GameCube and Game Boy Advance.
- Crash Nitro Kart (2003)
- Crash Tag Team Racing (2005) on PlayStation 2, GameCube, Xbox and PlayStation Portable.
- Nitro Kart 3D (2008) on iOS
- Nitro Kart 2 (2010) on iOS
- Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (2019) on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Release Date: November 1996, updated in 2020
For example, in Crash Team Racing you can purchase more courses and vehicles.
This game has been rated ESRB EVERYONE 10+.
Nintendo Switch has some built-in features, including a lockable zoom, that can be used on all games. The Wii has a few helpful settings, like disable rumble, but you have to use gesture controls for most games and the system menu. Windows has extensive accessibility features. Some, like colour correction, work with games. Lots of accessibility software can be used with PC games, from voice recognition to input device emulators. PlayStation 4 has a range of accessibility settings. Some are system only, some work in games (invert colours and button mapping). Xbox One has a system features, the excellent co-pilot share controls mode and adaptive controller support for all games. iOS has a very extensive suite of accessibility settings including ways to navigate with voice and comprehensive screen reading, though most of the features don't work with games... read more about system accessibility settings.
The following games are like Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time. They address a similar topic or offer a similar way to play. They are good options to play next and also good alternatives to Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time for younger age ratings.
Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time is in These Lists
In addition to the similar games listed above, which have been linked to this game specifically in the database, you may find games with a similar theme to Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time in the following lists:
The games in this list have been recreated (sometimes officially and sometimes unofficially) by developers who love and respect the original while also wanting to update it for modern technology and players.
Thank you for using our resource, supported by AskAboutGames, ParentZone and PlayAbility Initiative. We are editorially independent, written by parents for parents, but welcome sponsorship, partnership and suggestions. Email our editor for details on these opportunities.
The information on this database is designed to support and complement the in-depth discussion and advice about video game "addiction", violence, spending and online safety in the Taming Gaming book. If you have any concerns or questions in these areas, email our editor who is quick to respond or can arrange for a one-to-one conversation.