Cross Code Review
Posted: 16 months ago, last updated 10 weeks ago.
This is a huge game with loads of detail. You can extensively customise your character and there is an elemental attack system that offers more ways to upgrade and develop your abilities. The worlds, narrative and quests are also extensive and will lead you into ever more things to do.
With over 100 quests, players meet and interact with the many characters they meet along the way. There's a large map and 120 different types of enemies. There are boss fights, including many dungeons that can be entered all with unique themes and puzzle mechanics that are solved by throwing projectiles.
Content Rating: PEGI 12
Release Date: 09/07/2020
Platforms: PC, PS4, Switch and Xbox One
Genres: Action, Adventure, Narrative, Puzzle and Role-Playing
|Xbox One||£16.74||–||Free |
Xbox Game Pass
Xbox Game Pass
Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience. You can buy an extension to the game, A New Home, that continues events with a story about Lea on her journey figuring out the truth, use your elements like never before and don't forget to finish the raid. This time for real.
- Fresh content which will entertain you for about 8-10 hours
- Explore the probably biggest dungeon we've ever created
- Fight against new enemies and bosses
- Run over water for the very first time
- Difficulty: You can adjust the difficulty through three sliders. Received Damage adjusts how strong enemies are. Enemy Attack Frequency adjusts how quickly enemies attack. Puzzle speed adjusts how quickly you have to react to solve the puzzles.
- Reading: There is considerable reading. Dialogue is white text on a black background, with important words highlighted in yellow, but can't be resized. You can adjust the speed of the text and the amount of space around the text.
- Controls: You can opt to use the mouse to click near character to attack and use the mouse wheel to select elements. You can opt to tap rather than hold to access the menu. There is minimal remapping of gamepad button, but you can map two keys to every action on keyboard settings.
- Image calibration: You can adjust how large the pop-up information boxes are and how long they stay on the screen. You can also pick between hidden, normal and small for the head-up-display as well as what information pops up. You can select to have a pointer over the character who is talking. You can opt to show visual indicators for damage. You can adjust or turn off the screen shake. You can disable visual particle, weather and lighting effects. You can double the size of the graphics.
- Audio calibration: Adjust music and game sound volume separately.
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games for you. These offer a similar way to play to Cross Code or are games with a similar theme or topic. These are good alternative games to Cross Code, or are a younger rated alternative for players not ready for PEGI 12 or ESRB TEEN games.
Thank you for using our resource, supported by AskAboutGames, ParentZone and PlayAbility Initiative. We are editorially independent, written by parents for parents, but welcome sponsorship, partnership and suggestions. Email our editor for details on these opportunities.
The information on this database is designed to support and complement the in-depth discussion and advice about video game "addiction", violence, spending and online safety in the Taming Gaming book. If you have any concerns or questions in these areas, email our editor who is quick to respond or can arrange for a one-to-one conversation.