Posted: 3 months ago, last updated 7 days ago.
Play involves working through these scenarios by making tactical choices about how you move around, and then using a projectile to interact with and solve the puzzle. The characters you meet in each of these scenes have been shaped by Desta's real life encounters with them and how you resolve the puzzles reflects your way to find a way forward.
As you progress you discover more of Desta's troubles. Their father has passed away and the family is broken. Falling asleep and entering your dream world of these puzzles lets you bridge some of these fissures.
The result is a game about family relationships and how hard it can be to find the words to tell the people in your life what they mean to you. The characters you meet are a profound and interwoven part of Desta's story. With them, we learn how to deal with loss, finding your voice and awakening who you are.
Coming to iOS and Android first, then Switch and PC at later date.
You can play this game in the following styles:
There are some options provided for touchscreen controls:
- Throwing: For the physics-based ball throwing, the player can choose between pull back controls (A swipe, hold, and release gesture) or buttons (A swipe, tap and confirm button gesture).
- Camera: The player can choose between swipe or tap controls for the rotating camera.
- Button Position: Can be adjusted to be positioned on the left or right hand side of the screen.
The speed at which in-game character quip speech-bubbles show is adjustable.
there are multiple presets for colour changing available which change the colours of the player and opposing team's overhead displays. These displays convey important information such as health points and action points.
Diversity and Inclusion
Gender and Sexuality:
Gender Representation: The gender representation of the pre-defined characters you can play in the game.
- Play As Gender Non-Conforming Character: The game’s protagonist is gender non-conforming (gender presentation does not match society’s expectation for their gender).
- Play as Non-binary Character: The game’s protagonist is non-binary (someone who does not identify as just masculine or just feminine at all times).
Sexual Orientation Representation: The sexual and romantic orientation of characters you can play in the game.
- Play as Bi Character: The game’s protagonist is bi (someone who is attracted to two or more genders, sometimes but not always all genders), pan, poly, or omni.
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games. These are similar to Desta: The Memories Between in how they play or their theme. These are good alternative games to Desta: The Memories Between.