Discovery Tour (Series) Review
Posted: 6 months ago, last updated 5 months ago.
Author: Andy Robertson.
Discovery Tour Ancient Egypt lets you explore the world of Egypt free of conflict, or gameplay constraints. As you roam freely in the beautiful world of Ptolemaic Egypt you find information about its life, habits and customs by yourself, or let historians and Egyptologists guide you on one of the 75 available historical tours they have curated.
Discovery Tour Ancient Greece lets players explore the world of Ancient Greece through guided tours curated by historians and classical experts. Discover Ancient Greece’s history as the game’s world evolves into a virtual museum.
What’s great about this educational element is that you can still climb, jump and run around the Assassin’s Creed world, only without any danger of violence.
Rating: PEGI 12+, ESRB EVERYONE 10+
Release Date: 10/09/2018, updated in 2019
The Discovery Tour is included for free in the main Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Origins as a free update. On the PC they can be purchased separately as a cheaper “Discovery Tour” only edition.
This game has been rated ESRB EVERYONE 10+.
- Difficulty: Different customisable difficulty settings. You can also get the game to help with aiming, and even scale the level to your progress in different ways.
- Reading: There is a lot of reading and some of the text prompts are time-limited. You can select subtitles and the size of fonts.
- Controls: You can remap the buttons, sticks and keyboard. You can use the mouse to play the game on PC. you can adjust the sensitivity of the stick controls. The game doesn't include any rapid pressing or quick reaction presses of buttons in cut-scenes. You can disable controller rumble. Tobii Eye Tracker supported on PC.
- Image calibration: All audio cues are highlighted by visual effects, such as hit direction of the damage, damage feedback or camera turning while in combat. In dialogue, the speaker is identified with a marker. You can adjust the brightness but not the contrast and there are no colourblind modes. You can't resize the map and read-outs but you can position them.
- Audio calibration:All actions, events and characters interactions are indicated with specific sound effects.
Windows has extensive accessibility features. Some, like colour correction, work with games. Lots of accessibility software can be used with PC games, from voice recognition to input device emulators. PlayStation 4 has a range of accessibility settings. Some are system only, some work in games (invert colours and button mapping). Xbox One has a system features, the excellent co-pilot share controls mode and adaptive controller support for all games... read more about system accessibility settings.
The following games are like Discovery Tour. They address a similar topic or offer a similar way to play. They are good options to play next and also good alternatives to Discovery Tour for younger age ratings.
Thank you for using our resource, supported by AskAboutGames, ParentZone and PlayAbility Initiative. We are editorially independent, written by parents for parents, but welcome sponsorship, partnership and suggestions. Email our editor for details on these opportunities.
The information on this database is designed to support and complement the in-depth discussion and advice about video game "addiction", violence, spending and online safety in the Taming Gaming book. If you have any concerns or questions in these areas, email our editor who is quick to respond or can arrange for a one-to-one conversation.