This game is rated PEGI 7
Our review includes potentially triggering words:
Ignore All Content Warnings
Disney Infinity (Series) Review
Posted: 17 months ago, last updated 2 weeks ago.
Like Skylanders, Lego Dimensions and Starlink, this game isn't being developed further. But can still be played and the figures can be found very cheaply second hand. You can still play the game, and create your own experiences in the Toy Box creator mode, but you can't go online or share your creations.
The game was released in waves over three years. Disney Infinity 1.0:
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Monsters University
- The Incredibles
- The Lone Ranger
- Toy Story in Space
Wave 2 was Disney Infinity 2.0:
- The Avengers
- Guardians of the Galaxy
Wave 3 was Disney Infinity 3.0:
- Star Wars: Twilight of the Republic
- Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Inside Out
- Finding Dory
- Marvel Battlegrounds
Content Rating: PEGI 7
Release Date: 18/08/2013
Platforms: PC, PS3, PS4, Wii, Wii U, Xbox 360 and Xbox One
Genres: Action, Adventure, Creative, Fighting, Open World and Platform
Players: You can play with 2 players in the same room, but you can’t play it online. Split-screen competitive play in the main.
Disney Infinity 2.0: Play Without Limits
Disney Infinity 3.0: Play Without Limits
Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience. The game grants access to content and character by incentivising players to purchase physical toy figures. The toys unlock the characters to play in the game. The translucent PlaySet pieces unlock a new adventure in the game and are often packed in with two related figures. If you have 1.0 or 2.0 version of the game you need to check compatibility as newer figures and PlaySet pieces may not work.
The Starter Packs include everything you need to complete its adventures with two players. The figures and PlaySets offer substantial additional (and optional) content. The starte packs can be purchased as follows:
- Disney Infinity Starter Pack (Only on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii): Gives you access to the game and adventures for Monsters University, Pirates of the Caribbean, and The Incredibles.
- Disney Infinity 2.0 Marvel Superheroes Starter Pack: Gives you access to the game and the Marvel Super Heroes adventures.
- Disney Infinity 2.0 Disney Toybox Pack: Gives you access to the main game but no large adventures like the other packs. This is focused on getting. you ready to make your own creations.
- Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars Rise Against the Empire Play: Gives you access to the game and The Rise Against the Empire adventure.
- Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars Saga Bundle: Includes the main game plus The Rise Against the Empire, Twilight of the Republic, Rise Against the Empire adventure.
- Disney Infinity 3.0: Play Without Limits (Digital Purchase on Xbox One): Gets you the digital game but needs you to purchase the Disney Infinity Base seperately (or own it from a previous game). You can then use figrues to unlock the content.
- Disney Infinity 3.0: Gold Edition (PC Only): Gives you the main game and most of the content unlock (a huge amount). But this doesn't include any upgrades and patches that were applied after release.
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games for you. These offer a similar way to play to Disney Infinity or are games with a similar theme or topic. These are good alternative games to Disney Infinity.
Thank you for using our resource, supported by AskAboutGames, ParentZone and PlayAbility Initiative. We are editorially independent, written by parents for parents, but welcome sponsorship, partnership and suggestions. Email our editor for details on these opportunities.
The information on this database is designed to support and complement the in-depth discussion and advice about video game "addiction", violence, spending and online safety in the Taming Gaming book. If you have any concerns or questions in these areas, email our editor who is quick to respond or can arrange for a one-to-one conversation.