Football Manager 2020 (Series) Review
Posted: 12 months ago, last updated 8 weeks ago.
Although in many ways it is simply a complex set of spreadsheets, the mechanics and nuance of the simulation have drawn an avid audience. There are many ways to approach the challenge with the game's "manage your football club, your way' moniker. Perhaps the biggest achievement of the game is to make it feel as if every decision counts as you attempt to climb your way up the table.
- Football Manager (2020) is the full version on Mac, PC and Stadia
- Football Manager Touch (2020) is a more accessible version on Android, iOS, Switch, PC, Mac
- Football Manager Mobile (2020) is a mobile version on iOS and Android.
- Difficulty: Turn-based gameplay. Matches are played automatically. Save anytime outside of matches.
- Reading: Lots of small text to read.
- Controls: Remappable keys for menu shortcuts. Fully playable with the mouse.
- Image calibration:
- Audio calibration: Subtitles provided for commentary and in-match cues.
Android has accessibility settings including ways to navigate and interact, although not all games support this. Nintendo Switch has some built-in features, including a lockable zoom, that can be used on all games. Windows has extensive accessibility features. Some, like colour correction, work with games. Lots of accessibility software can be used with PC games, from voice recognition to input device emulators. iOS has a very extensive suite of accessibility settings including ways to navigate with voice and comprehensive screen reading, though most of the features don't work with games... read more about system accessibility settings.
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games for you. These offer a similar way to play to Football Manager 2020 or are games with a similar theme or topic. These are good alternative games to Football Manager 2020.
Thank you for using our resource, supported by AskAboutGames, ParentZone and PlayAbility Initiative. We are editorially independent, written by parents for parents, but welcome sponsorship, partnership and suggestions. Email our editor for details on these opportunities.
The information on this database is designed to support and complement the in-depth discussion and advice about video game "addiction", violence, spending and online safety in the Taming Gaming book. If you have any concerns or questions in these areas, email our editor who is quick to respond or can arrange for a one-to-one conversation.