Posted: 5 months ago.
Author: Andy Robertson.
As you explore the sea you must solve puzzles to restore coral reefs and spread the beauty of the oceans in 15 different ecosystems. You can go where you want as you transport healing energy to other corals and watch in realtime how the seafloor becomes colourful and vibrant with life and diversity.
"Koral is a love letter to the ocean," says the developer, "in the form of a puzzle game." The game was developed while living on a sailship in a pristine marine reserve in Northern Catalonia called Cap De Creus. All the sound was recorded on location.
Rating: PEGI 3+, ESRB EVERYONE
Release Date: 16/05/2019
- Difficulty: There's no time pressure to advance, but there is time-limited collection required.
- Reading: There is not a lot of text to read, apart from the educational elements, and the text can be adjusted in size.
- Controls: You can't remap controls although they are simple. The game can be played with either keyboard or sticks.
- Image calibration: Educational text, although resizable, is against a dark background. Visual cues are also highlighted by audio.
- Audio calibration: In the Audio menu you can independently adjust the volume of music and sound effects. Audio cues are also highlighted by visuals.
Nintendo Switch has some built-in features, including a lockable zoom, that can be used on all games. Windows has extensive accessibility features. Some, like colour correction, work with games. Lots of accessibility software can be used with PC games, from voice recognition to input device emulators... read more about system accessibility settings.
Thank you for using our resource, supported by AskAboutGames, ParentZone and PlayAbility Initiative. We are editorially independent, written by parents for parents, but welcome sponsorship, partnership and suggestions. Email our editor for details on these opportunities.
The information on this database is designed to support and complement the in-depth discussion and advice about video game "addiction", violence, spending and online safety in the Taming Gaming book. If you have any concerns or questions in these areas, email our editor who is quick to respond or can arrange for a one-to-one conversation.