This game is rated PEGI 3
Our review includes potentially triggering words:
Anxiety and Spiders.
Ignore All Content Warnings
Lumi Nova: Tales of Courage Review
Posted: 12 months ago, last updated 5 months ago.
Parents and caregivers are encouraged to set children tasks in the game. The game then offers a ladder of tasks for the child to take on in this area, as well as ways to score their feelings and diary their thoughts. The goals you can select include:
- Be comfortable staying at home without my guardian
- Be ok with making a mistake on school work
- Be able to sleep away from home overnight
- Be comfortable speaking in front of a group
- Be able to sleep on my own
- Feel comfortable visiting a busy or crowded place
- Be able to spend time in the dark
- Be able to spend time near a dog
- Be able to spend time near insects or spiders
- Make a new friend
- Feel comfortable going to a party or social gathering
- Feel comfortable going to school
- Be able to spend time in a high up place
- Be able to eat or drink in front of other people
The game element is designed to prepare the player for real-world challenges. As the child progresses through the stages parents and carers are kept up to date by text messages.
The game is Medicines & Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) approved and funded by NHS England.
Players: This is a single player game. Although it is a single player game it’s designed to help a guardian support and engage in the topics with the younger player.
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games for you. These offer a similar way to play to Lumi Nova: Tales of Courage or are games with a similar theme or topic. These are good alternative games to Lumi Nova: Tales of Courage.
Thank you for using our resource, supported by AskAboutGames, ParentZone and PlayAbility Initiative. We are editorially independent, written by parents for parents, but welcome sponsorship, partnership and suggestions. Email our editor for details on these opportunities.
The information on this database is designed to support and complement the in-depth discussion and advice about video game "addiction", violence, spending and online safety in the Taming Gaming book. If you have any concerns or questions in these areas, email our editor who is quick to respond or can arrange for a one-to-one conversation.