Posted: 15 months ago, last updated 5 months ago.
Lumines can appear similar to Columns or Tetris. It's a block dropping game. But here you are making squares and half the enjoyment is how that interacts with the music. You can develop a range of strategies. Certain blocks with gems can create coloured squares and allow all individual adjacent blocks of the same colour to be eliminated at once. Bonuses are also awarded by reducing all remaining tiles to one single colour or for removing all non-active tiles from the screen altogether.
- Lumines: Puzzle Fusion (2004) on PSP, PC.
- Lumines Live! (2006) was ported to the Xbox 360
- Lumines II (2006) a sequel on PSP
- Lumines Plus (2007) on PlayStation 2 and PSP
- Lumines Supernova (2008) including a music sequencer on PlayStation 3
- Lumines: Touch Fusion (2009) on iOS
- Lumines: Electronic Symphony (2012) PlayStation Vita
- Lumines: Puzzle & Music (20026) on iOS, Android
- Lumines Remastered (2018) PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC
Content Rating: PEGI 3
Release Date: 01/01/2004, updated in 2018
Platforms: Android, PC, PS3, PS4, PSP, Switch, Xbox One and iOS
Genres: Creative, Puzzle and Rhythm
Lumines Remastered Digital Deluxe DLC Bundle
Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience. Lumines Remastered offers in-game purchases for 20 additional songs.
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games for you. These offer a similar way to play to Lumines or are games with a similar theme or topic. These are good alternative games to Lumines.
Thank you for using our resource, supported by AskAboutGames, ParentZone and PlayAbility Initiative. We are editorially independent, written by parents for parents, but welcome sponsorship, partnership and suggestions. Email our editor for details on these opportunities.
The information on this database is designed to support and complement the in-depth discussion and advice about video game "addiction", violence, spending and online safety in the Taming Gaming book. If you have any concerns or questions in these areas, email our editor who is quick to respond or can arrange for a one-to-one conversation.